shelbs
oswin

It is currently WINTER in WESTEROS during the year 303 AC. The new moon cycle marks a full twenty years since the Mad King was murdered, and his son King Rhaegar ascended the Iron Throne in his place. Though the year is fresh, war in the Narrow Sea has left the Free Cities of Volantis and Tyrosh in ashes, and the Long Night continues to beckon from the Northern fringes of the Seven Kingdoms. With the Queen Lyanna presumed dead, the citizens of the realms look only to each other for survival.
[x] OTMS ARE UP! Congrats to all our beautiful winners <3
[x] THE FATE OF TYRION LANNISTER HAS BEGUN! Mass thread HERE! If you play a character that has been selected as judge, please join in asap! Otherwise the thread is open to all wanting to participate!
[x] Keep an eye out for a new mini-event we have been planning! The bloodshed fun is never over!
[x] As always... we are in need of MALE characters!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

WHAT DO?, WE LOVE YOU ALL <3
SHELBS
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 08:23 AM
25 years old
ADMINISTRATOR
The Lich King
Azeroth
'Merica
Glorious Leader

POWER OF THE VOODOO

WRITING DISCUSSIONS!

SO FOR ONCE - The staff has questions for our members! We pride ourselves in ATEAO being a community that is both tight-knit with all of its residents, as well as completely welcoming to new family just joining our ranks. SO we thought openly sharing some things related to our lives of RP would get us all that much closer <3

Feel free to discuss, debate and share your preferences and opinions on any of the questions asked! And, of course, please no judging those who may provide different answers or who have opposing views - THIS IS ALL FOR FUNSIES! F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for u & me...

Once enough members have answered, the staff will post another round of 5 questions! N IS FOR ANYWHERE AND ANYTIME AT ALL DOWN HERE IN OUR BIG BLUE RPG

1. What is your least favorite thing to write? Initial meeting posts? Death? Arguments, etc?
  2. Do you have any advice for those too nervous to play major canons?
  3. How do you feel about writing things like smut, or gore, and how do you feel about others writing it?
  4. What appeals to you most about about an AU version of a canon character?
  5. Which gender do you prefer roleplaying, and why?

Until then, stay funky and enjoy.

PMEmail
^
ASHA GREYJOY
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 09:34 AM
is N/A
years old
ASHA GREYJOY

What is your least favorite thing to write? Initial meeting posts? Death? Arguments, etc?starters are pretty much the bane of my existence. just because they take me forever to write.Do you have any advice for those too nervous to play major canons?they aren't as daunting as you might think. a lot of times characters we really need don't get taken because someone is scared they won't portray them right. the staff is super friendly and they would rather have you around than not so don't be afraid.How do you feel about writing things like smut, or gore, and how do you feel about others writing it?i love writing gore but i prefer the fade to black method as opposed to smut. i have no issue at all with other people writing it.What appeals to you most about about an AU version of a canon character?mostly the fact that the targs are still in power. that excites me more than anything and the versions of these characters under a targaryen rule is just beautiful.Which gender do you prefer roleplaying, and why?for the longest time i only played males. they were more of a challenge for me(since i'm a girl) and they are almost always needed on sites. but now i pretty much play whatever. i try to keep my own ratios even though.
^
SHELBS
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 11:24 AM
25 years old
ADMINISTRATOR
The Lich King
Azeroth
'Merica
Glorious Leader

What is your least favorite thing to write? Initial meeting posts? Death? Arguments, etc?
Dem initial meeting threads... OI. Those can get rough on the muse, because it's mostly left to be open-ended with no direct goal. I do my best to avoid these, or to at least give them enough backstory/plot to help influence any goings-on. You can say I'd definitely prefer a thread after already assuming two characters have met, though. *Shameless.*

Do you have any advice for those too nervous to play major canons?
You really can't ruin a character! Even major canons don't have to be strict to their roots. Use the resources available! Members are always here to help, and even staff members. There is never a wrong version of a character! Even if some details don't fit or can't jive, our first priority is to see in what ways it could work. We never just outright deny an application!

How do you feel about writing things like smut, or gore, and how do you feel about others writing it?
LOVE. LOVE ALL OF IT. Gore, sex, rock n roll. I find it really stimulates my creative imagery, since it's more of a challenge and it kind of plays an "I dare you" game with my muse. The farther I dare myself to go, the farther I'll go xD I like being risque, and I feel that smut really can help develop an intensely detailed and thorough relationship between two characters, rather than just being your run-of-the-mill couple. And even gore! I love writing battle scenes and killing, *that* really makes a man out of my males LOL.

I will stalk the shit out of anyone else who writes it, and I'm 100% cool with keeping a lid on it with those I'm writing with who don't prefer the extensive details. I don't HAVE to write smut or gore to feel satisfied with a plot or character, so just let me know if you have boundaries (if we end up threading together) and I'll accommodate!

What appeals to you most about about an AU version of a canon character?
Being AU really lets you read between the lines of a character, some things that maybe you wish the original author would have delved more on. Obviously this is where fantasy fiction comes to life BUT I DON'T GIVE A FACK, I HAVE MY RIGHTS DAMMIT *SLAMS FIST*

I'm obsessed with historical fiction novels, those who take actual people that lived in real life and give us a story on their personal lives - things historians and researches and anthropologists could never know. I love being able to take a picture that's already been painted, and add more features/details to it that weren't there before. Basically.

Which gender do you prefer roleplaying, and why?
MAAAAALES. Mostly because I'm jealous AF of the simpler opposite sex, and have a guilty pleasure in exploring the mind of one. They can be such rancid assholes, but gotdayum, it's really fun to be one.
PMEmail
^
CORALY VELARYON
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 03:40 PM
is N/A
years old
CORALY VELARYON

What is your least favorite thing to write? Initial meeting posts? Death? Arguments, etc?

I don't think I can EVER handle writing character deaths. Once I make a character... I just get too attached, and the thought of them even getting injured makes me mad. I've had to go through that once, years ago, (right when I just started roleplaying), and I still remember how sad I was when one of my very first characters met an untimely end. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif Don't get me wrong, I love writing dramatic things, it just makes me hella sad and I never want to do it.

In the words of a good friend of ours...
user posted image

Seriously though! Loads of people are so worried that they won't portray a canon in the right way, that they don't even try doing it in the first place. Almost 99 % of the time we are so DESPERATE for canons that we'd love you for even making an effort. <3

How do you feel about writing things like smut, or gore, and how do you feel about others writing it?

It makes me very uncomfortable.
As far as smut goes, I'll fade to black. Every. Single. Time. I'm a VERY romantic person, I just don't like writing it down in words. I never have, and I probably never will! Gore, fighting, and cursing are otherwise pretty okay for me. Sorry not sorry. <3

I really like how AU versions have somewhat different PLOTS with other characters! Whether it's romance or alliances/enemies with another character that would otherwise typically have a specific relationship with makes things SO MUCH MORE EXCITING. ALSO YOU NEVER REALLY KNOW WHAT COMES NEXT CAUSE IT'S SO DIFFERENT..!!

Females. I'm totally awkward-as-heck at writing male characters. (If y'all couldn't tell yet with Garret), it's really a challenge for me because I've never really made many male characters before! Females are much easier to write for me, really, 'cause I just am one. It's easier for me to identify with and their whole mental perspective is MUCH easier to figure out than the male mind.. Heh.
^
TYBOLT LANNISTER
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 04:21 PM
is N/A
years old
TYBOLT LANNISTER

What is your least favorite thing to write? Initial meeting posts? Death? Arguments, etc?As much as I loathe first introductions - because most times they flounder - I often feel like I'm the worst at writing dramatic scenes. Don't get me wrong I LOVE CREATING DRAMA but I'm not a very emotional person outwardly so I always question whether or not my writing comes across as unnatural. Did I not give enough of a response? Did I give too much of a response? There's a lot of doubt that comes with it.Do you have any advice for those too nervous to play major canons?The important thing to remember about canons, especially in a setting with SO MANY like this one, is that every aspect of their existence is NEVER explored. There are so many details that are left for us to interpret however we chose. I was once in a role-play where I shipped Eddard Stark and Cersei Lannister when they were young and rationalized that was the reason why she hated the Starks so much. She couldn't have him and Robert couldn't have Lyanna and both of them suffered for it. I know it sounds ridiculous but what in the books disproves it? [ there's probably something somewhere ] The point is don't let what's written discourage you. Everything is open for interpretation and more importantly growth, how you build a character is far more important in my opinion than how they measure up to the original.How do you feel about writing things like smut, or gore, and how do you feel about others writing it?Truth be told I've never wrote many intense action scenes and I have a terrible habit of trying to make my gore sound pretty. No lie, I once equated a mass murder to my character being a symphony conductor. Smut is another one where I like to explore the thoughts and feelings more than the actions. That being said I don't really have a problem writing any of it. I think it forces characters to react to more primal situations instead of hiding behind their polished behaviors and facades. Nothing in my opinion is more revealing than how a character responds to things like this [ which includes deaths and other similarly traumatic events]. What appeals to you most about about an AU version of a canon character?There's more freedom in playing an AU character. We know one version of their future and now your allowed to decide whether or not you still want to go down that path. Do they still have to be the miserable bastard or the snobbish noble? Does Tyb really have to become the Warden of the West? Playing an AU there's so much room for change and I think the unknown is what makes it so exciting.Which gender do you prefer roleplaying, and why?Somewhere along the line it occurred to me that generally speaking, I don't tend to play the sort of females that attract much attention. BUT at the same time I realized that I didn't do so bad at playing men and eventually that became my go to gender of choice. It doesn't hurt that I flip flop back and forth between righteous characters and total assholes. No matter where you go one of those is almost always up for the taking. Mainly though I usually pick characters based on the nature of their connections. I can always be won over by a good scandal or a tight family trying to fight for something that matters.
^
STEFFON BARATHEON
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 01:02 AM
is N/A
years old
STEFFON BARATHEON

– Yeah, my least favorite things write have always been first introductions. It has never felt very natural to drop to characters into a scene and be like, "OH WHAT A COINCIDENCE WE'RE IN THE SAME ROOM. HI. NICE TO MEET YOU." That being, my favorite thing to write is dramallama. I like confrontation, I've always liked it! If you're not writing something thinking poor bab, why write it? There is a lot of underlying emotion, in most of my writing, I really don't like to have it all shitting rainbows.

– You play that character, you play that major canon with your dick. Do everything in life with your dick (your mental one, as I totally lack a real one). Any time I've taken on a major canon its always been invigorating, and usually less scary than you think it will be. Bonus points that there are always tons of plots/plot options for them usually out in the open.

– I haven't had a problem with it in several years, but go at your own pace. If you're comfortable with it, or want to do it, do it. If not, be honest with your character partner and don't. I actually consider myself a better participant in smut when I'm writing as a dude, and a lot of that has to do with having a longer experience in playing that gender. This even goes with gore, which I like to write more than I like to read.

– There is a lot of freedom in it and a lot of creativity. And that's what we all are here, right, artists? We get to take the bones of a character and fill in every bit of flesh, and even create new parts that were never addressed. It's a wonderful thing to be a part of, and a great expression of who you are as an individual. You know how many people could have played Robert Baratheon on famc/ateao, or Rhaegar Targaryen or Cersei Lannister or whathaveyou? Not a single one of the finished results would have been the same. That is so awesome.

– Contrary to my current collection of characters might have some believe, I prefer to play males. My first ever roleplay character was a girl named Hannah in a boarding school setting, and I noticed like two weeks in that we have 1216546841315 females and like 2 dudes, so I said, okay, why not. And just did it. And before I knew it I had her and six guys I played. I original loved the attention you got playing a male lol because basically everyone wants a romance, right? We all love those plots. By the end of my first year roleplaying I just got more comfortable. I like playing characters that are older than me too, it makes me feel more... devoted to who that character is when they have less in common with me.

I even started with our fam here playing mostly guys, I have to really have a solid call to a female to ever finish hashing her out (and stumbling across a pb too). Truth is, if I could juggle it I'd play more, there are several males I almost made instead of Cat... and I no lie, stalk the canon page and consider it all the time.
^
OSWIN
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 03:17 AM
22 years old
ADMINISTRATOR
the dark side
ur mum
aus
royalty

I actually genuinely enjoying writing starers :x shoot me down and strike me for blasphemy, but I love setting the scene and just getting on that role of your characters every day life. Or other days its a struggle to even get four paragraphs. Say la vie.

Battle scenes are the most difficult for me to write, well not difficult, poor choice of words. I feel as though I can never properly do them justice. While I have this epic scene playing out in my head, the eloquence that it takes to put it into words, I feel as though I am a poor mans understudy when it comes to that.

A canon is entirely a concept until you decide to bring it to life, and if you can pour a little bit of yourself into the character and the ideas you have for it - then you can't really do any wrong.
Heh I used to be terrified of writing smut, I never thought that I could properly put into words what my characters were feeling. I only truly even considered actually writing smut when I came here.

Love me some gore tho, tru storie.

I just have always seemed to love the histories and the lore more than I ever did the main plotline. The detail and the work that has gone into crafting this universe and the delicate touches to each house. Its like a sandbox game I've always dreamed of but could never afford.
Call me Satan in a Sunday hat but if you can't tell by now it's females. I need to be very plot motivated to pick up a male character, otherwise I just hold them in my clammy grasp and let them wilt, but yanno me, I am always looking for new ways to stuff my life up * with 8 characters presently *
PMEmail
^
MATARYS TARGARYEN
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 08:06 AM
20 years old
DORNE
targaryen
targaryen
the tower of joy
prince

Romance is hard, funnily enough. I personally am awkward about even minor romantic stuff in real life, it's why I mostly go for characters who aren't interested or are extremely awkward/clueless too. I'm trying to get better, hence making Samwise, who's so different to me I feel too separate to feel weird.

It's also a struggle to get really big emotions down. I know exactly how they're feeling when a loved one dies or whatever, but I can never describe it exactly.

You get to make them your own. There are guidelines, yes, but there is no need to worry about not doing them justice because you shape them how you want, you get to decide what they're like. And it's fun, they get lots of plots. There's no pressure to play them a certain way or to live up to anything with those plots, you can have them react and live how you want.

Gore is fine. No problem. Rarely done it, just because rarely been in those situations. Never been squeamish, my teacher once made me tone down what I wrote when I was 12 or 13 because it was creeping her out.

Smut... see above. I'm finding my feet with romance, I'll just fade to black to avoid smut. I don't read any smut but I don't care about people writing it; they can do what they like, I don't have to see it.

Being able to ask 'what if?'. I love seeing book characters be still recognisable but completely different thanks to their different circumstances, even having different names or a different parent. I love that the Targs and Starks are all OK. There's the freedom to play around a bit, see that this has changed so extrapolate that detail forward to shape a whole new side to them. Seeing the butterfly effect at work is interesting too, especially when something exactly the same and inevitable - like winter - hits both worlds and you can watch them reacting differently.

Males. I don't really know why. Partly because with females it can be easier to try slipping bits of yourself in which I hate.
PMAIM
^
TYCEN LANNISTER
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 08:34 AM
is N/A
years old
TYCEN LANNISTER

Well I try to enjoy writing every thread I am given. I can do first meetings, as long as I know where they are going next and there is an actual plot attached in the future that I am invested in. If I had to chose a least favorite thing to write I would have to say starters, it is why some of them take forever for me to get out, I can never decide how to start them or where to put them or any of that jazz. Now That I said my least favorite thing to write I might as well also mention my favorites and that is drama, mostly because I love putting my characters in stressful, damaging, or near impossible situations so that I can see them overcome them, or flounder under the pressure, and I am always open to death should the plot require it.

I'm not sure if I am the one to ask this, seeing as all my characters are cannons - except little Elayla - but I will try to come up with something anyway. I would probably say that playing a cannon is just like playing any other character, we are all just so excited to have you that we are simply estatic when you make a character your own. I would also like to say that I have found my cannon characters easier to play because plots are more readily available to them compared t o my lone non-cannon.

I love smut and gore, mostly because I like to read them - well I like to read everything. Because I enjoy it, I usually sort of follow my partners lead on it, because if they don't I can totally fade to balck when it comes to sexy times. I do have a tendency to go a little overboard when it comes to the gore though, especially when it comes to a character that gore comes second nature for - like Alysanne or Beric who are natural born murder machines, or Tycen who is capable of doing anything to protect his family or get his way. I take it all from character to character.

You can do more with the character. Just look at my Beric and Alysanne compared to the books. They are so different and that makes them unique. I also habe to say that I prefer the way this site is compared to the books, not that I don't love the books. The effort everyone has put into it is just fantastic.

I don't know why, I just prefer males. Not because they are usually what a site lacks, but because I feel like I am so much better at writing them!

^
AURANE WATERS
 Posted: Sep 26 2016, 08:38 AM
is N/A
years old
AURANE WATERS

What is your least favorite thing to write? Initial meeting posts? Death? Arguments, etc?Initial meeting posts are brutal, but really any post in a thread in which the main goal is meeting. I struggle to hell and high water with open thread, perhaps because I like to have some idea where I'm going. So anything like that tends to be my shortest and my shittiest. Though I will always try! I will improve, the determination is real. Do you have any advice for those too nervous to play major canons?See I was one of those people, hell I still am when it comes to certain characters or certain sites. The thing to keep in mind is that this place is AU, even the main canons here have gone through a whole different life. They are bound to be different! And how you interpret the canon is what makes them so interesting to post with! The member is what makes the character memorable. How do you feel about writing things like smut, or gore, and how do you feel about others writing it?Bring it on. I love it all. Gore is probably one of my favourite things to write, though like smut it has to occur at the right moment. It's something I can't force. I think the key, especially with smut for me, is to RP with someone I know well and trust. I have a fear smutting it up with a new person, because I don't know where there line it. How comfortable they are with certain things. Knowing someone helps with that, understanding what my RP partner likes and doesn't like. What they are and aren't comfortable with. What appeals to you most about about an AU version of a canon character?The interpretation. As in the above question, I am that person who constantly fears being unable to live up to a canon character with my writing. But canons in my mind become a whole other dimension in AUs because their lives and reactions are going to be different. Knowing the character from the canon, you get to explore that and come up with your own interpretations. Creativity within limits. I really like that. Which gender do you prefer roleplaying, and why?Male, hands down. And for a totally ridiculous reason to. Do you guys ever have your characters in your mind? All at once shouting and throwing ideas? Demanding to be the next one you use? Well if it's just me....then now you know my brain xD But I find it is way easier in my head to understand my males characters, their direction and what they want. My females more often than not confuse me, but also it could just be the type of females I gravitate towards as well. I never pick simple minded females. I mean look at me, I have Cersei and Ysera. Totally head dominant over Bonifer and Aurane.
^
SHELBS
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 11:40 AM
25 years old
ADMINISTRATOR
The Lich King
Azeroth
'Merica
Glorious Leader

1. What attracts you to medieval / historical RPGs? Do you enjoy other genres?

2. How long have you been RP'ing? Think you'll ever stop at some point?

3. What is your personal method on maintaining multiple characters, and differentiating between their personalities all in the same mind?

4. Do you like to torture your characters? Why? Why not?

5. What is one of the worst things a RP site could do, in your opinion?
PMEmail
^
LYRA MORMONT
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 04:08 PM
is N/A
years old
LYRA MORMONT

What attracts you to medieval / historical RPGs? Do you enjoy other genres?Oh my god. I've just always been obsessed with all things historical. Movies, Shows, Books. Anything and everything. I don't even care if they are accurate or well down. It's quite awful.Oh my. I only do this as of right now but in the past I've done Harry Potter, Post Apocalyptic, Disney Personified, you name it I've probably done it. I quit three or four years ago and this has been my first site since.How long have you been RP'ing? Think you'll ever stop at some point?I started when I was fifteen and I'm twenty seven now. So twelve years but I have quit and returned a couple of times. Life gets the best of all of us. I don't think I'll ever stay permanently gone.What is your personal method on maintaining multiple characters, and differentiating between their personalities all in the same mind?I try my best to keep my muses separated. I have soundtracks that I play for each of them when I'm writing for them and I hash out everything they do or say to ensure that it's true to their character. It can get a bit muddled sometimes but I always manage.Do you like to torture your characters? Why? Why not?I do! And kill them if the need arises. I don't think you can truly see what a character is capable of until you've given them a hard way to go. Who wants a little ball of fluff?What is one of the worst things a RP site could do, in your opinion?Shut down. My heart cannot take it. D:
^
MATARYS TARGARYEN
 Posted: Oct 5 2016, 06:44 PM
20 years old
DORNE
targaryen
targaryen
the tower of joy
prince

What attracts you to medieval / historical RPGs? Do you enjoy other genres?
Um um I just like it? The lack of technology, the general feeling of medieval things and ye olden days. The way of life, and being able to live it through characters without the bother of y'know the black death and a lack of human rights and no internet and what have you. Guess it's so different to modern day you get lots of escapism. I've RP'd Harry Potter before and when I started I was on a few Pokémon sites.

How long have you been RP'ing? Think you'll ever stop at some point?
I started when I was 12 (age limits didn't scare me mwahahaha) and I'm 20 now so 8 years, but I stopped when I was maybe 15 then started again very small-scale a little a couple of years later just to see if I'd still like it and here I am. I think I probably will stop when my life gets busier, RP'ing might one day die off, or I simply grow apart from it. I will always love exploring other worlds though.

What is your personal method on maintaining multiple characters, and differentiating between their personalities all in the same mind?
I don't have any particular method, they just are very separate to me. It's like when I've acted as different characters before in plays, they're all there in your head and all different automatically. To me it's like improvising different people in a play or talking to different people or seeing characters on a TV show. Admittedly I don't play many characters here. Something I'm trying to do though I haven't written many Sam posts is describe Matty's thoughts more and Sam's movements more since Matty is centred on thoughts and Sam on actions.

Do you like to torture your characters? Why? Why not?
Oh yes. Doesn't everyone? It's just a bit boring if everything's all sunshine and roses. I find it fun to explore extreme depths of my characters by putting them through really tough situations, as well as challenging myself to think of how they'd react to that.

What is one of the worst things a RP site could do, in your opinion?
Aside from closing or giving up, which I don't see ATEAO doing any time soon, anything cliquey or unfriendly. I hate seeing people make fun of someone for not being good at something - they can probably see it themselves and should be helped instead. Using tiny font to look minimalist or whatever but actually making it impossible to read anything is a pet peeve of mine which will make me refuse to join a new site. Aside from unfriendliness, the worst thing a site can do is to be difficult to get into; they must have clear navigation, places to ask questions, a quick-start thing, and if a less popular fandom or an original should have clear lore sections. Without that I get lost. Even after joining you need to refer to stuff for continuity, especially to keep track of events that have happened since the site opened.
PMAIM
^
SHELBS
 Posted: Oct 7 2016, 11:28 AM
25 years old
ADMINISTRATOR
The Lich King
Azeroth
'Merica
Glorious Leader

It's just... so INVIGORATING. I honestly have not written anything modern-themed since I was a teenager, and I almost don't even know how well I'd do. The concept of technology, cars, work and school, social habits like cigarettes and drugs, I experience that every day in real life. Indulging in something like this, a medieval or medieval-fantasy genre is another way of separating myself from the daily stresses of IRL. The things I have to deal with, my characters never have to, and vice versa. I love it. Don't think I could ever turn to another genre, TBH.
I started when I was 12 years old with wild horses... *shameless* I graduated from there to Humans/Horses/Wolves, stopped during my teenage rebellion years from like 14-15, then started up again with Twilight AHAHAHHA *TOTALLY SHAMED* Went to Tudors shortly after, then found my love for ASOIAF on one of the AU boards on a Tudor/Stuart site I helped run. Never looked back, and no, honestly, don't think I'll be stopping any time in the foreseeable future. I legit need it for my mental sanity XD
What is your personal method on maintaining multiple characters, and differentiating between their personalities all in the same mind?
HAHA. I'll admit, I've struggled with this - especially with so many males in my head, and so many of them taking on similar qualities. (I seem to like the brooding, dark and strong type.) Since I've been with this site for years, I've made a ton of characters, and I've learned to recognize some signs that tell me a character won't be successful... so, though I maintain a ton of them, they have all been meticulously selected and have all established themselves as completely separate muses in my head. I can't say the same for every character I've made here (hence why I don't play most of them anymore,) but I'VE LEARNED OK?

As for a specific method, it almost helps to base a character that isn't a major canon off of someone you actually know, or perhaps even a fragment of yourself IRL. (Pretty sure we all do this anyway, in some form.)

IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION, GOD SHELBS. PAIN AND MISERY AND TORTURE AND SICKNESS AND HEARTBREAK AND OHMYGOD IT'S THE LIFEBLOOD OF ANY SITE LET'S BE REAL.
Endure a psycho co-admin for long enough to nearly lose three years worth of your own personal work, sweat, blood and tears, and then get accused of stealing it. Haha I mean what?
PMEmail
^
OSWIN
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 10:51 PM
22 years old
ADMINISTRATOR
the dark side
ur mum
aus
royalty

Probably the lawlessness of it all, I was a history major in high school and the brief stint at university as well. Something about the past has always been so interesting for me, I always tell my family that I wish I was in medieval times, because by now I'd be married with 5 kids, by dying by some mortal disease and have my life sorted for me. ALSO the magic, fables and fairytales always make me excited, because there is nothing that I used to love more as a kid than the tales of dragons and people going on big ole quests to complete their destiny. I actually have always wanted to play in a modern genre :x the idea of having the texts there and using social media as a roleplaying device interests the shit out of me. But I have tried a few and they have always fallen through - unlike GoT soz you guys are stuck with me.
Ahhh shit I started RPing horses when I was about 12-13, my friend introduced it to me and we used to stay up all night on the same computer and trade posts *fkn nerds* but it just opened a whole new world for me, one that also taught me how to use photoshop. So 12 year old douche me did have a plan. I moved on then to Robin Hood RPGS, which really got me started into the whole Historical RP. Like any teenager in the phase I dabbled in Twilight, for AGES I was a moderator on a twisted Fairytales RPG while switching between different Game Of Thrones sites. It was then that I joined FAMC because my old GoT site went dead. And the story goes from there. Will I ever stop? Wanna make me m8
Lel this is an interesting one, my old RP friend once told me that with each character that is made a small piece of yourself is put into them. He said with mine that it was my sense of humour - still not sure if that's a compliment and too lazy to look too deeply into it.

I've began to separate my characters through memories, their personalities forming through them or a trait that they are passionate about. Serra with her artwork, Lenora with her horses. Each trait that makes them individual from the others makes them louder in my mind and helps shape their reactions to things based on their past experiences. Once you have spent enough time posting with them, their muse is easily tapped into.

No *Serra being captured by Bandits for two years * I don't *Sarella and Maron in general* know *ELYSE RIP* what you're *Robb never going to the wall* talking *Lenora having severe mental trauma* about.
Not being adaptable or willing to make changes on plots. Or taking into consideration other members ideas and helping add them into a plot, rather than helping them change and make it more than it could have been. Petty people who try to sabotage other peoples work. Cough.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ACTA Age of Heroes Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU >
Candyland Couture RPG-D

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK
TEMPLATES BY NICOLE