shelbs
oswin

It is currently WINTER in WESTEROS during the year 303 AC. The new moon cycle marks a full twenty years since the Mad King was murdered, and his son King Rhaegar ascended the Iron Throne in his place. Though the year is fresh, war in the Narrow Sea has left the Free Cities of Volantis and Tyrosh in ashes, and the Long Night continues to beckon from the Northern fringes of the Seven Kingdoms. With the Queen Lyanna presumed dead, the citizens of the realms look only to each other for survival.
[x] Site's Most Wanted has been updated! Get em while they're hot!
[x] SURPRISE! Please enjoy our new skin, and let the staff know if you find any bugs! (Shelbs accidentally overwrote the old skin and posted this too soon so it's entirely possible the dumbass she forgot some things!)
[x] THE FATE OF TYRION LANNISTER HAS BEGUN! Mass thread HERE! If you play a character that has been selected as judge, please join in asap! Otherwise the thread is open to all wanting to participate!
[x] Keep an eye out for a new mini-event we have been planning! The bloodshed fun is never over!
[x] As always... we are in need of MALE characters!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

WHAT DO?, WE LOVE YOU ALL <3
VISENYA TARGARYEN
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 12:41 AM
is N/A
years old
VISENYA TARGARYEN

What attracts you to medieval / historical RPGs? Do you enjoy other genres?
I think my love of this genre of rpg actually stems from my favoritehack&slash video games of my youth – not that I'm not still in my youth, but you know what I mean. I was really into VG, for years, and like I can name the top three that I have continually gone back to replay (and to do some kind of rpg in periodically too) and that's dragon age, harvest moon, and borderlands. Big surprise to know that I've been in several hm roleplays too, and though I have never been in a borderlands themed one I'd been apart of those with similar settings in universe details. I used to enjoy a lot of other genres, and I'm sure I still would, but I find it's the site fam that keeps me a part of an rpg. And yeah, we all know the famc fam is the best. #thanksforputtingupwithallmyshit

How long have you been RP'ing? Think you'll ever stop at some point?
I have been at this for 12 years. There was a few breaks in there due to computer/personal issues, but I've never been away for longer than a year. I'm sure there will come a day, but it won't be any time soon. Unless something tragic happened. You guys won't be able to get rid of me.

What is your personal method on maintaining multiple characters, and differentiating between their personalities all in the same mind?
For me, the characters I commit to best are those that are so wildly different from me. I think this goes back to why I found I liked playing male characters so much, for a long time it was also mainly ones that were much older than me... well, 12 years later means you caught up to at least some ages, right? Having those points in their personality that are different branches of yourself are what make it easy, because they are just highly pinned to one trait(be it like you or not) that defines them. Like Visenya is feistier than I am right now (may I've been like that in the past, but I've mellowed) and she is easy for me to whip something out for, but not as easy as Jon, who is a dude, is much older than me, with children, and way more level-headed and pragmatic than I can ever hope for. Having some key differences in character of your characters help too. Visenya is fiery and independent, Cat is dependent and curious, Steffon is bold and friendly, Jon is wise and comforting, and Thalia... well, she is just a hot weird mess.

And playlists. Custom playlists help channel lol.

Do you like to torture your characters? Why? Why not?
Torture the poorbab. 100%. I makes for such good drama and great inspiration.

What is one of the worst things a RP site could do, in your opinion?
Becoming clique ish, which has been one of the things I have love about famc in general, as it's always very welcoming to members. All members! New, old, people that like to write a lot or a little, that like to plot or just wing it, that like ro make canon or originals, all of it!
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ACTA Age of Heroes Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU >
Candyland Couture RPG-D

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK
TEMPLATES BY NICOLE