shelbs
oswin

It is currently WINTER in WESTEROS during the year 303 AC. The new moon cycle marks a full twenty years since the Mad King was murdered, and his son King Rhaegar ascended the Iron Throne in his place. Though the year is fresh, war in the Narrow Sea has left the Free Cities of Volantis and Tyrosh in ashes, and the Long Night continues to beckon from the Northern fringes of the Seven Kingdoms. With the Queen Lyanna presumed dead, the citizens of the realms look only to each other for survival.
[x] OTMS ARE UP! Congrats to all our beautiful winners <3
[x] THE FATE OF TYRION LANNISTER HAS BEGUN! Mass thread HERE! If you play a character that has been selected as judge, please join in asap! Otherwise the thread is open to all wanting to participate!
[x] Keep an eye out for a new mini-event we have been planning! The bloodshed fun is never over!
[x] As always... we are in need of MALE characters!

Add Reply
New Poll

and so it goes, for dany
JON CONNINGTON
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 10:21 PM
is N/A
years old
JON CONNINGTON

My dear Dany,

There is nothing useful I can write you at a time like this. I was so sorry to hear of Willas' passing into the Stranger's care. This war has exacted cruel tolls and I would have done much to know you would be free of them. It is a rare joy to know love, and all the more painful when that love passes out of reach. I only wish I could be of comfort to you, but I hope you know that if you choose to return to King's Landing I will be waiting only behind your brothers to fold you into a hug. The wounds are too deep now to do anything but mourn, and I hope you will be gentle with yourself. Us mortals have no sway with who the gods take into their embrace. We can only try to bend to their whims without breaking.

Please don't tax yourself to write if such things are difficult, but know you may ask any favor of my you like, as always. I will be your steadfast companion on whatever path you must walk to find peace, dear one.

Yours sincerely,

Jon Connington

^
DAENERYS TARGARYEN
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 05:49 AM
20 years old
CROWNLANDS
Tyrell/Targaryen
Targaryen
Kings Landing
Royal

Jon,

Thank you for your sympathies. It is always good to hear from someone that I consider to be my brother in tough times like this. We shall be returning to Kings Landing soon. From there I shall continue onto Highgarden to bury my beloved husband. After the funeral VI shall return to Kings Landing to stay with my family. Viserys had already agreed to accompany me. Please tell my brother Rheagar that he does not need to trouble himself with attending as well.

I know that you recently lost a son in one of the previous battles. How did you get past that sort of loss? It feels like my heart is empty and that I cannot breath any longer. The Gods were wrong to take Willas but I know that blaming them will not bring him back to me. I should not have been so selfish as to bring us into this battle. I should have listened and stayed at home with him. Maybe I would still be pregnant if only my brother had never called me a brooding mare. Each and every morning that I wake up without Willas I need to remind myself that this was no one's fault. It was the Gods will and I am unable to please the Gods.

There is a favor that I do ask of you. Will you find me a purpose upon my return to Kings Landing? Something to occupy my time and my mind. Nothing that requires me to work with children. I have decided that Vaelyx shall be my old child and my only love.

Always,
Dany
PMEmail
^
JON CONNINGTON
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 11:39 PM
is N/A
years old
JON CONNINGTON

Dearest Dany,

I am grieved to hear the thoughts you are carrying with you in this terrible hour. I am glad to know you shall be here among your nieces and nephews and your brothers. However you feel about the words Rhaegar spoke in anger, you must know how deeply his love and respect for you runs. If you wished him to attend the funeral, I am sure he would do all he could to be there for you.

As far as Desmond's passing goes, I am afraid I can offer little advice. My grief has not abated, and only my sense of duty to your brother and the kingdom, and my love for those children of mine who yet live have allowed me to behave with any semblance of calm. If I did not need to have strength for these things, I do not know that I could ever have smiled again. Given that, I promise you that I shall do everything I can to find you good work upon your return home, Dany. If I need to train you as my own successor I shall. I am forty now, and you will be young long after I have become an old man. It is not bad work, should you forgive your brother.

I do know, Dany, that you have many years of life ahead of you unless the Gods intervene. You have nearly the full span of your adulthood to fill with purpose and love. If Vaelyx is all you believe deserves it, then I am sure he will grow mighty and strong, but should you choose to nurture your own family once more, you are by no means past the time when you could choose such a path for yourself. But let those considerations wait until your pain has lessened, little dragon. Time will be the surest balm for your hurts.

Yours sincerely,

Jon Connington

[/QUOTE]
^
DAENERYS TARGARYEN
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 05:58 AM
20 years old
CROWNLANDS
Tyrell/Targaryen
Targaryen
Kings Landing
Royal

Jon,

I know that he would set aside most responsibilities in order to support me through the burial of my husband. But I cannot ask that of him. His burden as King is too great. He needs to focus on what is to come now that he has won the battle and married a new wife. His duty will keep him well occupied while I take my time to grieve. Please help direct him away from the idea of marrying me any time soon. Direct him away from marrying me to anyone ever again. I wish to remain a widow until the end of my days.

The things you have just said make me think that focusing my attentions on duty will help to calm my grief. I shall focus on whatever task you find for me when I return. And I shall help Rheagar with his task of peace between us and the Free Cities. Though I am sorry to hear that the death of a child still weighs heavily on you. Perhaps together we can find a way to accept our losses. Aegon shall need to select his own Hand when the time comes. Though I could help to lift some of the burden from your shoulders by helping you with some of your more mundane tasks. Perhaps planning a tournament to celebrate our victory in the name of the King. The smallfolk and Lords need to see that they are appreciated for their sacrifices in this war.

You are not an old man. Do not think yourself one either. Both you and my brother have man years ahead of you. Hopefully soon you both shall become grandfathers and live to see those grandchildren grow.

You do not understand. I had three miscarriages and a stillbirth. My reason for lacking a family is my body's inability to stay pregnant. The Gods shall never grant me children even if I so choose to marry and try again. There is no point in marrying or loving because all men need heirs, which I cannot provide. I love Vaelyx but I am bitter than I shall never feel life grown inside of me. I will never know the true joy of bringing a child into this world except for that moment when my dragon egg hatched.

Time will only heal some of the burns that have tarnished my soul.

Always,
Dany
PMEmail
^
JON CONNINGTON
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 08:49 PM
is N/A
years old
JON CONNINGTON

Dearest Dany,

You know that your brother is intractable once an idea enters his head, but I will do my utmost to make sure that he doesn't begin to think a new marriage will resolve your grief. I know it cannot until you wish it for yourself.

I cannot promise that hard work will calm your grief, but I can promise that you will be distracted from it. What will your mind turn towards most easily, Dany? I would find you work which captures your attention as much as possible. If it is the organization of a tournament I will bring it to your brother at once.

I am not old yet, but I have a decade at most before many would count me as such, and I don't doubt that the burdens of the realm will grow heavy, in time. Unlike your brother I have the good fortune to be a noble of little consequence, and I will one day pass my mantle as Hand to another.

As for your prospects of family, it is not unusual for women as young as you to struggle in pregnancy. Some people do not finish growing before they are twenty, Daenerys, and childbearing is hard when you are not full grown. Add that to all the stress and grief you have been forced to endure these past few years... I do not doubt that many ladies would struggle. And I have known many people whose hope of children dies, and it turned out that all the stress of wishing for a babe was what kept a child from coming to them. Some women bear their first child at 35, Dany. Your mother was nearly 40 when she bore you.

Time will bring many things Dany, but we two are only mortals, and we cannot say what will come with it. We can only pray and live our lives in pursuit of what makes us happy and whole.

With great affection,

Jon Connington

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ACTA Age of Heroes Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU >
Candyland Couture RPG-D

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK
TEMPLATES BY NICOLE
BANNER BY KARA THRACE