shelbs
oswin

It is currently WINTER in WESTEROS during the year 303 AC. The new moon cycle marks a full twenty years since the Mad King was murdered, and his son King Rhaegar ascended the Iron Throne in his place. Though the year is fresh, war in the Narrow Sea has left the Free Cities of Volantis and Tyrosh in ashes, and the Long Night continues to beckon from the Northern fringes of the Seven Kingdoms. With the Queen Lyanna presumed dead, the citizens of the realms look only to each other for survival.
[x] SURPRISE! Please enjoy our new skin, and let the staff know if you find any bugs! (Shelbs accidentally overwrote the old skin and posted this too soon so it's entirely possible the dumbass she forgot some things!)
[x] THE FATE OF TYRION LANNISTER HAS BEGUN! Mass thread HERE! If you play a character that has been selected as judge, please join in asap! Otherwise the thread is open to all wanting to participate!
[x] Keep an eye out for a new mini-event we have been planning! The bloodshed fun is never over!
[x] As always... we are in need of MALE characters!
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Greeting of the Dawn, Open
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 12:35 AM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

Kings Landing, an interesting place to say the least, and that is without the inclusion of the trial that had called so many to this place, that had called him here. Tyrion Lannister, the dwarf of Casterly Rock, a man he never expected to perform the crimes that he has been charged with. But he only knew him from his time as a squire for his brother Jamie Lannister. And Jamies love for his family and in particular his brother was legendary. So perhaps he was seeing him through rose coloured glasses. He wasn't really here for Tyrion anyway, he was here in case Jamie needed him, he owed much to Jamie, and if he could help with anything, even if it was simply someone to fight and work out emotions with, he would do it.

So he found himself here, in the capital city of Westeros, a stunning place, but lacking the beauty of so many places he had seen, especially with the current level of crowding. A spectacle such as the one that is being offered is rarely going to be missed if at all possible, by highborn and low alike. The streets showed it, he had not heard or seen the like, but that was likely because he had not yet been involved in one of the great tournaments. He would in time, simply waiting for the next to be announced before hopefully finally making the name he wanted to make, the fame he wanted to earn. For now this organised chaos was the greatest he had seen, street vendors covered the streets, the taverns and inns were filled and the whorehouses were constantly busy. He loved it and hated it in equal measure, the smell and the noise was less than pleasant, but the fun of it all was wonderful.

He spent hours wandering through the city, slowly exploring, listening to the tales and rumors passing around, most of them would be complete fantasy, but definitely worth an entertaining moment. The colours and sights were truly wonderful, filling him with awe as he took them all in, the many rather attractive people certainly did not help him from avoiding distraction either. Atius had to force himself to continue towards the area he was most interested in. The street of steel was famous for the many master smiths to be found along it, and the wonderful creations of protection and death. But still, despite this area he found so fascinating, so many different weapons and so many different styles of armor, he had one area he was itching to be in.

The training grounds of the Red Keep, what could be a greater place to be? The land upon which his own uncle Ser Arthur Dayne, The Sword of the Morning, trained and dueled with some of the greatest knights of Westeros. A place where legends battled and masters learned, it was almost intoxicating to be here, and that was without even holding a blade upon its sands. He stood surrounded by the spirits of great warriors, and could barely hold back the urge to draw his sword and fight any who wished to step forth. It was with this in mind his eyes scanned the area, hoping for a chance to again hear the sing of steel, perhaps he would be lucky enough to even train against one of the famed kingsguard, his uncle being the only reason he was even here after all. But Atius did not let his hopes get the better of him, simply watching and waiting, who knows what could happen, and who he could meet, in such a wonderful place.
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 04:26 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

Arianne was growing bored, and that was a thing that never should happen. She was tired of the courtier games and the formalities that made her think that there were more vipers in the Crownlands than in Dorne. She was thankful that her father made her wait until she was older to travel although she thought it fitting that the ever patient and unemotional Doran had preferred to stay here rather than venture home. Perhaps it was just the right about of vipers. It was something to consider. Still, she wandered whenever she could with a trail of ladies behind her for good measure. They weren't her cousins, but even they were trained with basic fighting abilities. Arianne trusted no one. Especially not here. Still, she walked with head held high. Her dress was a far cry from those that were apparently in fashion here but it made her regal none the less. It was a smoldering red, like the mountains that bordered her home and was belted tightly with a shimmer of gold. Over her shoulders was still the sash of black to remember Quentyn when the rest of the Kingdoms seemed to forget him and the pin of the Sunspear to pin it to the dress. Her curves were forever outlined and her cleavage exposed. Arianne was short, but evenly proportioned and made sure that no one would forget that they saw the Princess of Dorne.

She walked out to the training grounds of the Red Keep simply to pass the time, not expecting anyone to have the same inclination--much less a Dornish man judging by his swarthy looks. She tilted her head just slightly, taking him in. He was a welcomed sight in the sea of pale faces and heads of hair. She did not immediately call out to him, instead watching him silently as she contemplated who he might be, and what he might be doing here. A spy of her fathers? Sent to make sure she was on her best behavior? No. He would not be so obvious. Perhaps one of Ysera's companions? He was certainly not one of her brothers. It was only then that his eyes swept the grounds and before she had time to contemplate further she locked eyes with him. There was a small grin on her features. "I did not think I would see one of my countrymen here." It had been a long time since she had been on any sort of training ground, and she was certainly not dressed for a spar, but the idea crossed her mind. That and the gossip that would surely spread around. Most of the ladies of court seemed to be nothing more than clucking hens. At least the evening with Elinor Stark had given her some reprieve from their idle noise.

She steps further into the training grounds, her feet feeling the ground beneath her as she tested it. "It has been a long time since I've been in any sort of training grounds, much less some as prestigious as these. Tell me, why are you here?" Her had did not leave the small dagger hidden in the folds of her skirts while the other rested on her hips. Arianne Martell feared no one and had more Dornish fire than most. Still, the younger man in front of her was like water for a man left in the desert and she wasn't about to pass up the opportunity for a drink.

Hope its ok I high jacked this! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:42 PM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

Atius was not expecting such a beautiful Dornish woman to appear upon the training grounds, it was certainly a pleasant surprise however. He was not even certain who among the Dornish would currently be in the city even, she could be from any one of a dozen families, or perhaps not even a true child of Dorne. The second option was quickly thrown out at her words, she must be truly Dornish, but of which family? Not that it mattered too much to Atius at that time, for now she was simply a beautiful woman who wished to speak to him and shared some of his blood, that was certainly enough for him. "As I did not expect to find such a beautiful reminder of home in this place at this time" his smile was clear as he spoke the words that he truly felt. Her presence was a surprise, though beautiful seemed to not be an accurate description for such a woman, she was so much more. And his eyes happily drank in her form, while also attempting to assess her as a warrior, Dornish women were always as likely to stab you with a spear as they were to shake your hand, at least in his experience.

His eyes followed her as she moved closer, watching her test the ground she stood upon, definitely a warrior then, at least one that had some reasonable training. Unfortunately that did not greatly narrow down the options of people she could be, Dorne was a large place, and the Dornish never did seem to struggle when it came to breeding many strong sons and daughters. "It has been a long time since I've been in any sort of training grounds, much less some as prestigious as these. Tell me, why are you here?" A quite interesting way to word herself, she had obviously not forgotten much of her training if it had indeed been a long time. "That seems to be quite a pity, I expect you are a sight to behold when upon them" A grin accompanied his words as he spoke, she would of course be a sight to behold no matter where she was, but a compliment was never a bad idea. "I was hoping to find someone worth sparring with, perhaps my uncle or one of his esteemed brothers even, unfortunately it seems they are all currently preoccupied with other needs." He had a slight pout as he spoke, the disappointment that he would not be able to test himself against the famed Kingsguard was certainly strong.

He grinned watching her hands briefly before his eyes returned to hers, he was interested if she was perhaps more warrior or more lady, perhaps an even join of the two. Were her hands positioned in the way of ladies here, or more in preparation to draw hidden blades, she would not be the first Dornish woman he had met to draw a blade from her skirts in attempt to drain him of his blood. That always just added a unique boost to the attraction however, fear and battle were powerful aphrodisiacs after all. "May I ask why you are here as well? If it has been so long since you have graced a training ground, and you are not exactly dressed for the most common sparring to be found on such places" A cheeky grin grew on his face as he spoke, sparring with words was just as common as that with blades on many training grounds he knew, mostly the throwing of insults among warriors. But they were not the only form of 'sparring' one could find on or around such a place.
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:46 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

A simple flick of her wrist dismissed the two girls behind her. She feared no Dornish man, or at least she trusted them a little bit more than any of the others here. She was not afraid to use the long dagger that she carried. And if it was laced with something devilish, well all the better that she not use it on a friend. She was not as skilled as her cousins with poisons, but it did not mean she was completely ignorant of them either. She smiles at the younger man, finding that his tongue was almost as gilded as her own as he compliments her. Yes, this was the adventure that she had wanted. This would relieve the boredom and the routine of the Court life and the trial that seemed already decided before she had landed in King's Landing.

The dark caramel eyes watched him as his own dark eyes looked her over, appreciating what the Maiden had seen fit to give her as she had matured. "Some may have thought so..." But there were so few at Sunspear that were her age. Oberyn was less worried about whether or not she was beautiful and more that she was efficient, that she was ruthless, and that she was comfortable defending herself. She moves towards the line of weapons that closed the distance between them. They were all wooden swords or dull blades. "You were waiting on the Kingsguard?" Interesting, to which was he related? An uncle there could be so many things. Uncle by his father's side or mother's? The easiest answer would be Sir Arthur Dayne. Her eyes narrow as she picks up a wooden sparring sword. She looks at it side to side before looking down the length of it to ascertain if it was straight. She glanced up at him with a small, devilish smile on her features. "My business is my own, but I think you dare presume why I am here? It almost sounds like a challenge." Her tongue clucks at him, chiding him like a child. Teasing him, as her own blood pumped just a little bit faster stoking the fire within her.

She moves the folds of her dress just slightly and twirls the sparring sword with her wrist, like she was evaluating it's weight, she was reminding her muscles that this was a little different then a dance or the moves and countermoves of Court. "Care for a bet?" She paused and tilted her head just slightly as she adjusted her grip. "If you win, you will get my name and what I'm doing here." She wrinkled her nose a bit while it was clear her mind was thinking. "I win, I get your name and a kiss." It was a bold bet, but something exciting and she wasn't looking for a real fight. She was in a dress after all.
PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 11:45 PM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

Now this was a woman he enjoyed being around, a true Dornish woman, strong, cunning, and more beautiful than a sunset. He was glad she dismissed her entourage, it showed she did not fear or worry about him, which showed her confidence and strength within. She seemed almost perfect to him, and that smile was absolutely stunning, but he was not likely to let her disarm him with it. He knew that she was a warrior as much as he, and her weapons were just as likely to be her looks and actions as a blade. Her appearance was making his trip to the training grounds very worthwhile indeed, a happy distraction to his disappointment at not yet getting the chance to see his uncle.

Those dark caramel eyes could make a man lose himself with little effort it seemed, and he could tell that she saw him looking, and seemed to not be upset at all that he was. A good sign for him he knew, as he thought it likely that if she took offense, he would only know when a blade was buried within his stomach. Her comment regarding how impressive she was on the training grounds was interesting, did she perhaps have a family member who did not wish her to train with weapons? A question for another time perhaps. "Only some? That is surprising" a smile accompanied his words as he spoke while he watched her move towards the many weapons to be found here. "Indeed I was, I suppose it was a rather easy thing to guess, esteemed brothers must often be hard to find outside of such an organisation" as he spoke a cheeky grin passed over his face, he had no brother but he was sure his sister at least would agree with the statement.

His eyes followed her as she examined the weapons, assessing their quality, he was sure they would be fine, on a training ground such as this he found it unlikely they would allow poor quality weaponry. But the fact that she checked for herself showed she was well trained, not just someone who claimed such. That devilish smile, he was sure it made many men, and probably many women also forget themselves, it was disarming and so very charming, with plenty of hint at more flirtatious and fun possibilities. "If it sounds like a challenge, then it must be, I am sure you would never mistake an innocent question as such" he retorted as a very cheeky grin came to his face. "And I am sure a woman such as yourself can meet any challenge given to her, even by an uncivilized Dornishman"

His head tilted slightly in interest as he watched her twirl around the sparring sword she had chosen, loosening her muscles and gaining a feeling for the weapon. But the offer of the bet was certainly the most captivating thing, especially with terms such as that. Though the offer of a reward for him loosing, now that was just cruel, not that it would stop him, he never fought to lose, and he never would. Nobody who loses would become the Sword of the Morning, and that goal triumphed any kiss from any woman, even one as beautiful as her, with her crinkling nose and bold words. "Ah you are cruel aren't you, if I win I get a name and some knowledge, but if I lose I get a kiss from a beautiful woman." he pondered after he spoke watching her and then grinned. "Perhaps the terms of the bet should be more equal, a name and a kiss for the winner."

He wandered over to the rack of weapons pondering what he would best chose to fight with, he could use a larger sword, but he had no intention of hurting her, and did not believe the added strength and reach would be necessary. Perhaps two swords? But again it seemed overkill, it would help him respond to her likely greater speed, but she was already restricted with a dress, so instead he simply drew one sword swinging it with his wrist a few times as he rolled his shoulders to ensure he was loose enough for the fight. He turned back with a grin to await her response to his terms, before taking a simple stance, his eyes locked onto hers.
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 09:07 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

Arianne liked the way he moved. Confident. Slowly. Deliberately. She watched him with the young, cheeky grin painted on her features. It was clear he was confident when it came to women. It was a welcome changed from the wandering but bewildered eyes of the men from the Reach, the Vale and really any other place other than Dorne. No one, except the North, seemed to value a strong woman in the same way a Dornishman did. She smiles a little wider as he acknowledges her deduction. "Unless your Uncle was a part of a band brothers that were part of some strange yet unknown cult or a tribe of Wildlings." As she finishes examining the sword in her hand, she looks up at him self deprecating himself. It was a ploy of a younger man and by her count, she was at least five years older. Perhaps more? She could not tell. It mattered little to her. Age was only a number--it was the spirit that she admired or adored. Or at least wanted for the evening.

His head tilts and he watches her, her face turns dark for the briefest of moments. She was fiercely proud of her Kingdom, of its people but knew the way they viewed Dorne. A warm place for a vacation full of decadence, dragon peppers and Dornish wine. They wanted promiscious women and dark skinned men. She knew it better, knew the strength behind her people, their resilence, and their passion. "Now it sounds like you've spent too far much time away from home. Since when are Dornishmen uncivilized? I suppose you think I am uncivilized?" She resents the comment and it fuels her to actually win this. If not for the excitement of a kiss but the redemption of her own people. HIS own people. She laughs as he calls her cruel, and positions herself in front of him. He would have the advantage of strength, of brute muscle. She would have the lower center of gravity and quickness to her feet. She would have to be if she wanted to return his blows.

She watches him relax into a natural stance, and lock his eyes onto hers. A smart boy. Never watch their body--she recalled Uncle Oberyn. The next move could be anticipated by their eyes. "Ah, equal perhaps but not as fun. However, I'll accept your terms, as bland as they are." She meets his gaze head on, her head tilted up before she advanced, swinging just slightly. A small test to see how he would react. To feel her opponent out, and see just what this man was made. Gone was her sense of propriety. Instead was the passion within her, the fires that pumped through her heart. Arianne was free here, at least for now. In five, or more--when the fight is over, and the winner takes their spoils, she would don her courtier mask once more. She would slip into the role once more and be the representation of Dorne. She would be the proper lady she hardly was in real life but that she knew that Doran expected her to be here in King's Landing.

PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 12:36 AM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

It seemed she was proud of her deductive skills, the wide smile at his comment showed such, he wondered just how much her pride would command her. Atius expected her pride would be so much more delicious than that of the ladies he had met from the Westerlands, she was Dornish after all. "Are many cults or groups of wildlings considered esteemed here? Well Kings Landing must truly be a different place then" His very present cheeky grin accompanied his words as he watched her, she was fascinating and beautiful, and she seemed as yet unmarried. Though with many women and men that was incredibly hard to tell for certain, so many married people were more flirtatious than when they were single.

A dark grin found its place upon his features as her face darkens, that was what he was looking for, now he was certain she would do her best to defeat him, and he would wish it no other way. The Dornish passion was certainly there, and he loved to see it brought out, in words, in looks, and in deeds. "Ah I never said all Dornish were uncivilised though, I was simply speaking for myself, I deeply apologise for any offence I have caused." the words he spoke were true, he would never call the Dornish uncivilised, in fact he would consider them more civilised than most of Westeros. But if that imagined insult was what was needed to draw out her absolute best, then he would accept the likely quite negative feelings she had for him. A pity to be certain, he was enjoying his time with her, but perhaps she had experienced to many insulting words directed towards her people to enjoy such a jest.

"Perhaps you should find better kissers if you are not finding a kiss fun, or bland." he spoke calmly watching her, she seemed to have taken quite some offense at him. Atius was slightly upset at that, his face briefly showing this before burying it as she swings towards him, and obvious test, and he would meet it. His sword moved in a simple block before angling to instead pass over the blade as he moved out of the way of its arc. He laughed happily, this he knew, the sing of blades, though the thump of wood was quite less appealing than the singing steel he was used to. His grin widened as he slowly moved around her watching how she reacted, how smoothly she moved, what movements her dress may restrict as he swung at her side, testing her as she just did him.
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 08:35 AM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

It would seem that his words were more tainted with sarcasm and jest than something more serious. It did not change Arianne's resolve nor her desire to know him. Despite the darkness that shaded her heart for a moment, there was something more to him than the impish smile and boyish charm. At first she thinks him to be too heavily influenced by those that most likely fostered him but there was something sincere in his apology that made her almost believe. Just as she almost believed the things that tumbled out of the mouths of those in courts. But she wasn't stupid. The sweet words that rushed out of their mouth were like their wines--too sweet to be savored and tossed around her mouth. Best to gulp them down and then move on. "Idle words spark rumors, and rumors can become truths to some people." It was the closest thing to an acceptance of his apology that he was going to get from the proud creature.

Her head tilted just slightly as he deflects her advance and backs away circling her like a vulture on a dead carcass. She was not a creature to be disarmed so quickly. "I suppose you could show me what a better kisser would be like?" A jab, a challenge. Arianne was no virgin praying at the Maiden's statue to keep her virtue. She long ago had lost that virtue at the experienced hands of a Sand when she was a teenager and hadn't looked back. She took lovers from time to time, though she had no paramore like her uncle. She did not explain herself further. There was something fun in the mystery of not knowing who she was dealing with, with having to deduce it or find out casually from others. There was something that made the fire within her at the thought of him not getting her name. Not being intimidated by her title. (Not that she would ever trade her station in life.)

With the wooden sword at a guard position, she watches his face turn slightly sour for a moment and then return to a neutral expression. Good. Now he would be motivated just as she was, and the sparr would be worth it. With their blades meeting, his incentive was revealed, his love for the fight expressed in the (admittedly disarming and charming smile) played upon his features. She felt the small pang of butterflies in her stomach as she watched him circle her. She simply pivoted to keep him head on. She knew she was at a disadvantage in her dress and so he would have to make the next move to continue the match.

He did not disappoint. She blocks him, pushing his own sword down before it could reach her side as he desired. She rotates her sword around his to push it up away from her and advances her own up towards his side quickly before retreating slightly. It didn't much matter if she struck or not, but she knew his reach was longer than her own and did not risk the blade coming down upon her. It would of been a rather short and disappointing fight no? A hand reaches down to lift up part of her dress to give her more mobility as she moved around twirling the sword backwards as she does before coming down and across in a move to strike him.

PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 07:33 PM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

Her response to his apology seemed quite jaded, it made sense considering the vipers nest Kings Landing is known to be, an amusing thought as Dorne is meant to be the true home of vipers. But to Atius the vipers in Dorne were so much less dangerous, and much easier to understand, they would never pretend to be your friend before striking. His time within Casterly Rock did not fully prepare him for Kings Landing, they had their vipers their for certain, but nothing like this pit of betrayal. But these thoughts were only a distraction, not worth focusing on, he had a duel to win after all, and that would always be more important to him than the words said during it.

Her words were almost as much of a challenge as the challenge that led them to be holding blades against each other, one he was not going to rise to in the same manner however. "I was hoping you could show me actually". Atius had definitely had experience, perhaps not as much as some his age, but he was definitely not inexperienced. His curiosity was certainly piqued, who she was and why she was here were very interesting questions that he wished answered. But she seemed declined to truly share herself earlier, thus a change in challenge, he could play the game of the mysterious liaison as well as any could. Especially as one more Dornishman among the variety that would be within the city at the moment, more than usual for certain.

She seemed to be showing little of her feelings, a disappointing side effect of this city and her time here perhaps, but a sad thing to see. His father and Jaime Lannister had both taught him to laugh as he fought, to enjoy the sing of blades, and partially to confuse your enemy. And so he laughed as she re-positioned his sword before swinging at his side, spinning around as she did and moving his sword to hit her blade and force added momentum to her swing as it passed by him. Her movement further back was unusual, allowing him to better use his reach, most would have tried to move closer, but that was dangerous when against a stronger opponent, and disadvantaged in movement.

A very smart decision by her and he let her make the next move, he was curious how she would continue and was not disappointed with her spin. He decided to see how she would react to the unexpected as well, stepping in close to her as she spun, his sword rising to block her strike down as he grinned looking into her eyes, body much closer than it yet had been, almost against hers. "You fight very well, it is a pity about the dress though, I would like to cross blades against you without it" He left that as he said, curious how her response would be, the two simplest ways to take such a comment would both be true from his mind.
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:10 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

She could see the joy within him at every breath he took, and with every movement he made. The laugh was sweet to her ears, although she did not join his chorus a small smirk appeared on her features. He reminded her of home, of the simplicity of home. Those were waters she knew how to navigate, rather than the dark waters of the Red Keep with only her father's voice in her head to help her. As she spun the dress flares out, keeping her from stepping on it, and then the hit of his sword against hers stops the movement. With one hand on her skirts and the other on the hilt, she met his gaze head on and laughed at that hungry but earnest look on his face. Her breathing elevated, she could feel the Dornish heat between them more this way and she pauses. "Perhaps, Sir Knight, you'll get your wish yet." There was no expansion on exactly which way that would go whether he would see her in pants or in her chambers, but she figured Atius had a smart enough imagination. She was confident he could figure it out.

She pushes off of him, side stepping far enough that he'd have to advance to reach her. Arianne had fallen into her rhythmn, like a viper she'd strike and retract. She kept moving, circling towards the left. It's only then she attacks again, trying to get the first hit. There would be no blood but all the glory. Besides--bragging rights. She defends herself against one of his blows and she grunts as she deflects. "If I didn't know any better, I would say you've been trained by the best...but you've not trained in Dorne." She taunts him, trying to crack that exterior of the charming grin and hearty laughter. There had to be more to him than the confidence he exuded here in the battlegrounds.

She circled again, this time to the right. "I have to wonder, Sir Knight, if you know how to use other tools as well as you wield your sword." She lunges towards him, and then grins, "Are you proficient in...throwing knives?" A devilish grin accompanies the question, as if she was not asking particularly about throwing knives. Or other weapons really. Then again, trying to break through a facade through fighting wasn't exactly something she did on a regular basis.
PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 05:58 PM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

He was loving this, it was as close to home as he had seen since he left Dorne, the passion, the heat, the enjoyment of the battle. It was wonderful, and she did not seem to mind that Atius laughed as he fought, which was good, he never fought without a smile on his face and laughter in his heart, this was what he was born to do. Her comment made his eyes flash, either possibility would give him joy anyway, no matter if it was a more fair fight, or the battle of the flesh, he would gladly join her in combat, and would be blessed by the experience. "And I would be blessed if I did" a grin accompanied his statement as he watched her eyes.

Her words brought a loud laugh tumbling out of him, he had perhaps not spent a lot of his training in Dorne, but he first swung a sword in Dorne, and would always remember what he learnt there, and expand upon that knowledge. She was fighting well, fierce and yet patient, just as the Dornish fought, attack, retreat, attack again, over and over, the death of a thousand cuts. And she did it well, his sword flashing to block every strike as he continued to move with her, feet dancing across the sand as he moved to counter her every move. "I did not train my entire life in Dorne, but I did first learn to fight under our hot sun. Some things stay with you forever, but you are right, I did not train under the best." His sword accompanied his words, continuing to strike quickly before retracting to defend himself from any response, he was testing just how quickly she could move encumbered by her clothing. For he expected speed would be the decider in this contest, first strike was first strike, no matter if it was the lightest scratch to the deepest gouge.

"Even a knight such as I learns to use many tools in his life, and one must practice with them all and work on being the best they can." A dark cheeky grin punctuated his reply as he saw her grin. Atius was very much enjoying this experience, she was as cunning as she was deadly, as talented as she was beautiful, and what more could you look for in a Dornish woman? He circled as she did in the opposite direction to keep her in position, his blade flashing in the sun as it darted towards her leading leg. "I have shown some proficiency in throwing knives I would admit, but my practice has been more diligent with other...... Tools." A devilish grin was returned to her before he followed with a question. "And you? Have you had extensive training with many tools oh beautiful mystery?"
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: May 24 2018, 08:58 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

Arianne was enjoying this more than she should. In theory she should be much more lady-like and certainly Doran wouldn't approve of the friendly banter, but her father was hundreds of miles away and Arianne needed the distraction from the circus happening in the great hall. It was nice to have a taste of home, and to engage in something more than politics and silver tongues, though historically it was something that she quite enjoyed. The distaste that she had for the Red Keep only intensified with the trial and the games they played here.

His laughter didn't break, and she had to grin bigger amused by the child-like enjoyment from the motions. It was as if he was born to do this and knew it. Such certainty must be a luxury that she would not afford. Nothing was certain in her position. As she blocked and attacked through the fight she alternated between lifting her dress slightly to dropping it back on the ground. Balance was needed on some of the moves she performed and holding a dress impeded that. Part of her wondered if he was toying with her, taking it easy so that she be more apt to trust him. Still with the banter, her heart was pounding and her stomach in butterflies at the thoughts of what they could do together. "I see, Sir Knight, you are better skilled in close battle then. Better with your hands in close proximity to their target." Her own impish grin reappeared on her lips and she blocked his advance while stepping back. However she caught the edge of her dress, causing her to stumble somewhat.

Grunting, she keeps her guard up and moves instead to the side. The move was not planned and disrupted the flow of her movements. It would seem his predictions about the dress would perhaps be more accurate. Arianne was not about to give up now and she continued to advance and retract, but kept her hand more on her dress than out in the air to keep her balance. Her attacks were basic and without the flare she displayed earlier. "I have trained in a myriad of weapons. But I have been known to handle a spear quite well..." She hoped the double meaning would be picked up on though she doubted he would miss it. So far he was quite good at picking up her subtleties.

@ATIUS DAYNE
PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: May 25 2018, 12:07 AM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

The laughter flowing from Arianne ensured that the huge grin on Atius' face would never die, it was an intoxicating beautiful sound. And the sight of it was almost as beautiful as her, almost. He wished that she would have this life, one where smiles and laughter come freely and often, but it was not the way for men or women trapped in this rats nest of a city. There were many things said about Kings Landing and the Red Keep, fun and enjoyable were rarely among those things.

His grin was obvious as he saw her struggle with the dress, it was obvious that such a thing would impede her, but he was only more impressed that she still managed to fight while wearing it. He was even more impressed that she hadn't completely fallen over while trying. Though she almost did, which brought a laugh to fall from his lips as he comprehended her words. He was enjoying this flirtatious sparring, though he was not sure if he would continue to drag out the anticipation, or go for the kill. So many options, each as fun as the last, and he was enjoying this as much as he would have dueling his original target, perhaps. "In melee is where knights are meant to excel or so I hear, but I have found that there is a great difference between most knights and those that love what they do, and practice at every opportunity in hand to hand combat" There was little he loved more than combat, but combat with a beautiful woman, combined with multiple sexual innuendos, what could any love more than that?

The basic attacks she was forced to was rather disappointing, he enjoyed the flair, but her decision was smart, the dress was impeding her movement more and more. A true warriors decision, if she was simply for show she would have continued lifting her dress and dropping it over and over, and eventually falling. That already increased his impression of her, she was not just a showy warrior, but a much smarter one, unfortunately basic would not stop him. He began to attack with more earnest, he wanted to see just what she could actually do as he struck and withdraw, over and over, following the teachings of Dorne, strike fast over and over. Cut your opponent a thousand times, though he of course had no intention of cutting such a stunning woman, and would be hard pressed to with a training blade. And with those words he was perhaps even more interested in finishing this battle soon, it was a boast he was quite interested in seeing the truth of. "Perhaps you can show me this skill with a spear, one can only improve by practice of course" His comment was accompanied by dark eyes and a cheeky grin, he was sure she would have much to show him, and he her, both on and off the battlefield.
PMEmail
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: May 27 2018, 03:04 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

Arianne found herself to be on the defense and instantly hated it. Had she been home, she would of torn the skirt of the dress to allow her feet to have better mobility, but alas the Red Keep was no place for her to be wearing pants or to have a torn dress. No need to put the younger Dornishman's life at risk for a rumor of asaulting the Princess of Dorne. Her attacks became fewer and farther between while her defenses were more and more sloppy. She grunts which quickly becomes a growl of the underlaying temper that boiled through her veins. As she blocked again, her father's voice echoed into her head to calm herself. That she was letting her temper get the better of her.

She forced herself to breath, to put the her temper away. It would be something she would battle with for the entirity of her life. Without Quentyn's quiet hand to calm her, it would have to be her own self will. It was like a pack of wolves attacking an elk. Over and over again he attack having seen the first little weakness in her. She hated the feeling, it fueled her rage and her determination to try and survive. But her sex and the folds of her skirt hinder her and she slows down. Despite the fact that she had trained under Oberyn, she was far more talented at spears and throwing knives than close contact. After a particular fast and harsh barage of blows that she successfully blocked, she holds him for a moment, her chest heaving and a small smile reappearing on her features. "Ahhhh, there's the Dorne I know and love. I knew it was in you somewhere."

She uses her strength to push him back, twirling the sword. "If you're lucky, maybe I'll give you a few lessons. Teach you some new tricks." She advances again, but he had seen her weakness and did not let up. It was clear to her that he was hellbent in winning. A thousand and one cuts later, and Arianne was fatigue. He pushed forward and she gathered her dress, backing away and defending herself as she tried to gather her dress to lessen her impedement. But the motion was rushed and her heels caught the back of her dress, more this time than before. Grunting, she fell backwards, with her free hand letting go of the yards of fabric and preventing her from hitting her head. She growls as she realizes that she has lost the fight and swings wildly in frustration of defeat.

PM
^
ATIUS DAYNE
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 07:39 PM
19 years old
DORNE
Martell
Dayne
Starfall
Noble

Atius' smile grew wider if that was at all possible, her anger was a beautiful thing, though it had the same affect on her as it does on most. Her defenses and attacks suffered, though he was sure fatigue and awkwardness played their parts there too, a dress like that would restrict movements as much as full armor. That growl, now that was a sound he could hear again, it almost distracted him even from the fight, but fighting was his life, and his mind snapped back before it even truly left.

He could see the internal struggle, the knowledge that her rage was only hurting her, but that could often only fuel the anger, at yourself and the person you are fighting. No training could truly teach you to fight against that, only through experience could one learn their own techniques to keep their mind on the situation. By what he was seeing, she still had not mastered this, but there was nothing wrong with that, many warriors with many more years of experience still succumbed to rage. And he loved watching her feelings burst forth from her, her passion and rage and happiness and love, what more could a man look for? "Dorne never leaves someone, it is in our blood"

His laugh burst forth from him as she pushed him away at her comments, he was curious what new tricks she could show him, new experiences were some of the best things to have in this world. "Promises promises" he winks as he speaks continuing to exploit these weaknesses he had found, no matter the reward he would have always fought to win. There was nothing he could do to truly allow himself to lose, the drive to win had been built into him by his father and others as he grew. The moment she fell he quickly struck, sword moving to fling hers away from her hand before placing the point at her throat. "I believe I am owed a name" a cheeky grin springs forth as he holds out his other hand to her, removing the point of the blade from her throat, but holding the training blade ever ready.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ACTA Age of Heroes Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU >
Candyland Couture RPG-D

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK
TEMPLATES BY NICOLE