shelbs
oswin

It is currently WINTER in WESTEROS during the year 303 AC. The new moon cycle marks a full twenty years since the Mad King was murdered, and his son King Rhaegar ascended the Iron Throne in his place. Though the year is fresh, war in the Narrow Sea has left the Free Cities of Volantis and Tyrosh in ashes, and the Long Night continues to beckon from the Northern fringes of the Seven Kingdoms. With the Queen Lyanna presumed dead, the citizens of the realms look only to each other for survival.
[x] Site's Most Wanted has been updated! Get em while they're hot!
[x] SURPRISE! Please enjoy our new skin, and let the staff know if you find any bugs! (Shelbs accidentally overwrote the old skin and posted this too soon so it's entirely possible the dumbass she forgot some things!)
[x] THE FATE OF TYRION LANNISTER HAS BEGUN! Mass thread HERE! If you play a character that has been selected as judge, please join in asap! Otherwise the thread is open to all wanting to participate!
[x] Keep an eye out for a new mini-event we have been planning! The bloodshed fun is never over!
[x] As always... we are in need of MALE characters!

Add Reply
New Poll

You can't open your eyes for awhile, For Ysera
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Nov 21 2017, 10:40 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

Ravens had brought the news that she had already suspected. While the king may have his spiders and little birds, Arianne had her little serpents--hissing and whispering in her ear. Martarys was engaged to a Manwoody. She would not pretend that she was hurt that the Prince was not offered to her when the news presented itself. Arianne was the Princess of Dorne, groomed and trained the entirety of her life to rule. Shouldn't a Prince want someone of his equal status. Her serpants told her that it was the youngest of this family was a spitfire more than a lady. That alone piqued her interest. Arianne was surrounded by strong women in Sunspear but to have an ally at the borderlands? She couldn't resist. Still she had bid her time, till the news had been officially announced. It took three days. In that time, gone was her jealousy and pettiness. She was still young, still maturing and it became quickly apparent that Dorne would the only kingdom she would ever rule. Strangely enough, Arianne was quite content with the prospect of it.

Quickly she sent her congratulations to Lord Manwoody and announced that she would like to congratulate her in person. As she waited, she made sure to gather provisions for the ride, and deciding on appropriate gifts. She consulted with a few of the jewelers in the area and then visited her pet project in the stables. Horses that were slightly thicker and taller than the desert ponies but having the stamina and the water requirements of the Dornish horses of lore. She had a three year old that was coming along nicely that she would gift the newly engaged. She choose a 4 year old stallion that was too closely related to her other stock to be much use to her. That she would bring for Martarys. If he was going to set up camp in the Tower of Joy, then he would need horses that would tolerate the heat better. And she assumed that the young Manwoody--Ysera was her name, would need a mount that could weather the Northern temperatures.

Either way, Arianne was thrilled to receive a Raven that they would be happy to host her. She then received the piece of jewelry she had commissioned for the girl. A blazing sun with spear..a smaller three headed dragon carved into it. The gold sparkled in the light, the small rubies that made up the eyes sparkled. She had praised the jeweler and paid him double. She hoped that the girl would be smart enough to understand the significance of the size difference. Since there was no longer a Dornish Queen on the throne, Arianne did not trust the Targaryens. It was something that she was slowly coming into opinion.

She dresses in her traveling gowns, with servants loading caravans with spices, fine fabrics and saddling horses. Tyene decides to sit this one out, and Arianne is only mildly disappointed. Her partner in crime could not sit during dinners and political talks even if the wine was flowing. She did not feel jealous for that, Arianne, afterall was Doran's daughter. The intellectual stimulus of the debates, news and rumors were like the water for plants. She thrived in that realm, just as the Sand Snakes thrived with weapons in their hands and poisons on their lips. It was seemingly the natural order of things to Arianne's still developing mind.

The journey was long, and towards the end, Arianne found herself bored and slightly saddle sore. The mare she rode slowed at the gates, and the guards road ahead, to announce her. She glanced behind them, and found the caravans to have kept up. She looked at her gifts, at least the more personal ones--the horses tied to the back of the Caravans and was pleased to see that they did not lose any of their condition.

She dismounts once they enter, confident that the caravan would take care of the horses and straightened her traveling clothes. "Lord Manwoody, may I offer my official congratulations on the betrothal of your daughter." She looked around and did not yet see the young bride-to-be. He was gracious, showing her her rooms, having her trunk brought in and announcing that dinner was set for later in the evening. Arianne took the time to clean up, and dress up. She was representing Sunspear, Dorne, her father and at no time did she ever forget that. Her gown was a dark yellow, and she adorned herself with gold and rubies, including her favorite ring--a large single ruby set in gold. She fidgeted with it as she glanced at herself in the mirror. Was it too much? Maybe. But she was the Princess of Dorne while this new girl would be Princess of the Seven Kingdoms. A Dornish Princess but above her none-the-less. Tonight, she was still above her and though it would also be asking her to join her ranks. To be her eyes in the darkness, the whispers on the winds.

Arianne was finally settled, she had removed the necklace and left the small ruby diadem in her hair set loosely about her shoulders. She walked with the soldiers at the door announcing her presence into the dining hall. "Arianne, Princess of Dorne."

PM
^
YSERA TARGARYEN
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 11:22 PM
KP is Online
19 years old
DORNE
Targaryen
Manwoody
Dorne
Princess

Throwback to before Ysera got married to Matarys yo

If she were a dragon in truth, she would've breathed fire upon her father and eldest brother in her fury, at them betrothing her to some Northern prince without thought of how she would feel on the matter. On how her life was being taken from her and how they were treating her as though she was one of those Northern girls! And if they thought that she will act like one of them and give up riding and fighting, then they are sorely mistaken! She had been so infuriated that she had gone riding for most of the time after it was announced to her, needing to get away from Mors less she do him serious injury. At least father had had the decency to die before it was announced to her and the world, for she found it hard to hate a man already dead.

Ysera had been reminded that morning that Arianne Martell, princess of Dorne, was to arrive and be their guest, but that had not stopped Ysera from going out on a ride on her fathers sand steed, trailed by Dickon for her and others protection, naturally. Though, naturally, Dickon had made sure that she was back early enough to be bathed and properly dressed to recieve the Princess of Dorne. Now, if it had been anyone else, especially someone from outside of Dorne, Ysera would've put up more of a fight. However, in seeing as it was a Martell and the Princess of Dorne, Ysera allowed herself to be bathed and scrubbed and made presentable.

Her hair was brushed only it soft and shiny, her gown a deep blue silk that reminded Ysera of a desert oasis, with a jeweled belt that was always so popular to accessorize with. She hadn't wanted to wear any jewelry, but alas found herself wearing an apporproate amount that she believed to be far too much but had been overruled. She cared little for her looks, rather be riding her fathers sand steed for longer or training in the courtyard or curling up somewhere with one of their various books. But no, they had company so she needed to act like a lady and not like the mountain monster she usually did, according to Mors.

One of these days, she was seriously going to have a conversation about positive communication with her eldest brother.

At the banquet that night, in honor of their guests, Mors had orderedd snake-meat grilled over a charcoal brazier, spiced with mustard, dragon peppers and a dash of venom. Other Dornish foods, some being some of Ysera's favorites, also graced the table as well - blood oranges and caramelized dates, grape-leaves stuffed with mincemeat and orange snap-peppers. Ysera eyed those caramelized dates, determined to grab a few handfuls, and promptly made a face when Dickon had a servant move the dish out of reach from her, which he reacted by making a face in turn.

Before they could start hissing at one another, which was a common reaccurance in the Manwoody household, Arianne Martell was being announced at the doors and they were all standing to show their respect towards their future Princess of Dorne. Though, with her betrothal to a Targaryen prince, Ysera would rank above her. Which was something she most certainly found foreign and bewildering. "Princess," She murmured in greeting, noone sitting until Arianne had take a seat, between her and her eldest brother in the seat for honored guest. Seven help them, Ysera was expected to make small talk which was something she was not in the mood to do so.

"My princess, I hope your journey was smooth."
PM
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 07:38 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

It was a bigger dinner than Arianne had hosted in many a fortnight and it was in a part of the country that she was not as familiar. As much as Oberyn tried to expose her and educate her in Doran's stead, it was not often that Arianne left the confines of Sunspear. Opening the door she felt the butterflies in her stomach but instead was a smile on her face that reached her eyes. A master of courtier faces, the Princess of Dorne did not let her nerves get the better of her. She was still a big fish in her pond, so to speak. The silver snake of Dorne now walked through, stopping to quickly speak to those that deserved it, and offering courtly smiles to those she did not immediately recognize. Hungry eyes scanned the spread prepared for them all, and then smiled and greeted the brothers Manwoody, however, finally her eyes landed on Ysera. Beautiful and though she was dressed in the blues like the Waters of the Gardens, it was clear there was the Dornish fire in her veins. Her smile turned genuine, and she sat down. "Lady Ysera." She liked the fact that the familiar hum of a full banquet now filled the air.

Servants began to fill their plates, and most were eating their fill. Ysera's demeanor seemed nervous, almost out of place. Arianne smiled as she crunched into a dragon pepper, allowing the spice to flush her face. "The journey was long, and arduous but the ending sweet. Is that not true of all journies?" She took another bite of the snake-meat, before sipping on the Dornish red. "I must congratulate you on the match, though perhaps not your choice..." She watches Ysera for any sort of reaction. "You will be in the position to influence changes for the Seven Kingdoms and most importantly Dorne." It was perhaps a toe-touch into the waters of Ysera's political views and loyalties. Arianne's mistrust of the ruling family was something that she kept close to her heart.

Her fingers twirl the ruby ring as the banquet continues. She makes a little bit of small talk with Ysera's brother but really it was Ysera that she was interested in. She finishes her meal, and her attention was again taken from Ysera to Lord Manwoody who toasts to Doran's health and to hers. Who pledges to Martells and then to the Targaryen's. Arianne stood and added to the toast. "And to House Manwoody's health and prosperity! And to the Lady Ysera who I hope have a blessed and fruitful marriage. May the Six bless her and Prince Matarys!" She smiles as the banquet roars in agreement. She turns towards Lord Manwoody. "May I present my gifts to you and Lady Ysera?" Her father nodded and she motioned to her entourage.

She drinks to the toasting and then sits back down. She leans towards Ysera. "I have a few more gifts for you, but would like to present them personally. Perhaps you would be willing to meet me at the stables tonight?" There was a bit of mischief in her face as she spoke to Ysera, and the spark that the Princess of Dorne was not exactly the prim and proper lady that perhaps Ysera had believed. All the jewelry, spices, and fabrics passed by the tables for them to review. But the pin and horses Arianne had decided to present to herself in privacy and without so many ears around.

If there's anything in here that you don't like or doesn't fit...just let me know and I'll change it!
@YSERA TARGARYEN
PM
^
YSERA TARGARYEN
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 07:57 PM
KP is Online
19 years old
DORNE
Targaryen
Manwoody
Dorne
Princess

By the Seven this was going to be a long visit, but at least she'll be able to sneak into the kitchens and steal a few caramelized dates to have in her chambers, though in all honesty she knew that she didn't have to sneak them. All she truly needed was to ask, for who are they to deny her such a thing? She, the acting lady of the Keep since the death of her mother, though if Mors got his way that position was sure to be filled soon by some wealthy noblewoman from a strong family. Perhaps a Yronwood, or one of the Fowler twins. Though with the attention he was directing at Arianne Martell, he was clearly fancying the idea of a Martell bride for himself.

The fool, as if their future princess would ever take a pompus idiot like him as a consort.

"One would hope so, though there can be few times I can think of that such journeys have ended with bitter news." Ysera spoke, a dark cloud darkening her features as she remembered how she discovered the news of her betrothal. She was bitterly disappointed that the bump on Mors head from when she had smacked him with one of their heavier books had all but disappeared in time for the Princess of Dorne's arrival. Her dark eyes flickered upon the princess's face at her choice of words at her congratulations, and her frown deepened. "My princess, should I had had a choice in the matter of my betrothal I most certainly of have made sure that my future husband was Dornish." She stated firmly, though in seeing the death glare from Mors continued to speak. "However, as that is not to be the case, I will most certainly make sure as to use my future position to protect the interest of Dorne and of the Seven Kingdoms as a whole."

Certainly, since she was not marrying a Dornishman then she will make sure that her future husband will abide to the traditions and customs of Dorne. After all, will they not be living on Dornish soil?

They retreated back to small talk, with Mors conversing with Arianne and Ysera cracking jokes with her neighbor on her other side before turning to Mors and his toast to Doran and Arianne. A flustered looked burst upon her face as Arianne stood and added to the toast, resulting in the banquet roaring in agreement. She drank deeply from her cup as Arianne spoke of gifts, nodding politely until she spoke of the stables. Now that, that caught Ysera's attention and her eyes flickered towards the princess. "Of course, my princess." Ysera replied, dark eyes watching her with curiosity in their depths.

-----

After the feast she had gone to her chambers and had promptly changed into attire that was not only more practical for being out the in stables, but far more comfortable as well. Gone were the slippers that she had worn with her gown and now were replaced with proper riding boots that had clearly seen better days. She stood near her fathers sandsteed, gently brushing him as she waited for the Dornish Princess. Clearly the steed was well cared for, having been her fathers before his passing and now being hers in the fact that she often rode him through the pass near daily. She glanced over her shoulder as she heard steps approaching, and set down the brush as she saw a figure that could only be Princess Arianne. "Princess."
PM
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 11:15 AM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

Those fierce eyes when Ysera spoke of the true feelings about the engagement were burned in the back of Arianne's mind. The dull small talk for the rest of the feast paled in comparison. At the end, Lord Manwoody was very thankful and clearly happy with the Martell's show of support for the match. Arianne was suspicious with just how thankful he was--was her father aware? Did he ok the match? The fiery princess felt the twinge of jealousy edge onto her heart once again. Still as she retired to her chambers, she changed from the dark yellow dress, removing most of the jewels that adorned her figure. The only one she kept was the favorite ruby ring that she wore nearly all the time. The clothes she donned instead were dark blue, finely made but plain. She dismissed her servants and they left her to her own devices. She took out her own riding boots from the trunk, and laced them carefully. She fully planned on having Ysera test out the mounts that she had gifted her. Besides, the cool desert nights were always somewhat peaceful to ever churning mind.

It wasn't hard to find the stables, and she entered--grabbing two bridles and heading down the aisles towards where the two horses she was gifting towards Ysera were. It was the voice from the side though that startled and her hand instinctively went for the small blade at her side. She was not an idiot and Uncle Oberyn had taught her how to defend herself sufficiently. When she saw it was Ysera, the wide-eyed startled look faded into a smile. "Here I thought I would surprise you but it seems it is you that continues to surprise me." She smiles and offers one of the bridles towards Ysera. "Come on, I want you to meet them. And please call me Arianne, there's no need for titles here between friends." She then continued to walk down the aisle until she came to the stalls. She whistles sharply, and two half-awake heads peek out of the stall door. The stallion was a handsome bay with white markings while the mare sported a black coat without a touch of white to differentiate her.

She glances towards Ysera before speaking quietly and approaches the stallion who was clearly a sandsteed, built for speed and endurance all in one breath of his barrel. "This is Belarius. I bred him myself but have yet to find a good out-crossing for him at my stable. He's gentle and calm but hard to slow on a run." She then pets the mares nose softly. "This is Emillia. She's a project I'm starting at home..She is mostly a sandsteed however, a quarter of her blood comes from the North. You'll find in cooler weather she develops a thicker coat. She still has plenty of endurance but she handles colder weather much better than our horses. She should be useful to you when you must travel North." She glanced back with a mischievious grin on her features. "Would you like to try them out tonight?"

Surely the story of Arianne leaving the safety of Sunspeare and riding out on her own all the way to Hellholt had made it's way around the Seven Kingdoms. It had been so long ago but the tendency still lingered in the back of her mind. Being anonymous had more thrill than meeting with the King to Arianne. Besides, she wanted to see what Ysera was made of.

@YSERA TARGARYEN
PM
^
YSERA TARGARYEN
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 04:58 PM
KP is Online
19 years old
DORNE
Targaryen
Manwoody
Dorne
Princess

Ysera let out a chuckle as Princess Arianne appeared startled by her, for she had heard many things about the princess of Dorne. Mostly from the Fowler twins of Skyreach, for with Skyreach being so close to Kingsgrave it was no wonder that the children of their respective houses were close. Ysera had played with the twins in her youth, she and her brothers both, and personally she would love if Dickon married one of them and let them be her goodsisters in truth. And they had spoken of Arianne Martell, princess of Dorne, and of her fierce intelligence and, most importantly, how she had been taught by Oberyn Martell to defend herself. "Peace, my princess, for none shall dare harm a Martell here in Kingsgrave." Ysera spoke, her lips curling in the corners upwards. "We only shed the blood of those fools of the Reach and Stormlands who try and fail to harm us."

Ysera took the bridle offered to her, her curiousity obvious as she watched Arianne Martell walk towards other stalls, noting to call her Arianne and to leave the titles alone. "Then I shall only be Ysera, no matter what the future may hold for me." She answered as she walked with her, for with this betrothal to Matarys Targaryen, she would become a Princess much like Arianne, but a Princess of Westeros instead of a Princess of Dorne.

The thought of ranking higher than a Martell was bewildering, to put it simply.

Her expression lightened, and changed to that of an child recieving a gift on their nameday, when Arianne whistled and the horses appeared. Ysera held a deep love for horses, ever since she was but a child, and in spotting the handsome stallion and lovely mare brought out the youth in her features. Especially at the realization that they were gifts. For her. "Arianne, they're glorious." She whispered, the words escaping her lips with hardly a thought as she made her way to Belarius, examining the handsome bay. At the mention of traveling North, a flicker of annoyance crossed Ysera's features, for she knew that with this betrothal came the expectation of traveling North. To Kings Landing, and perhaps further. After all, her future goodmothers family, the Starks, hailed from The North, and it was said that her future husband favored them in looks.

She gave Arianne a curious look as she suggested trying them out tonight, for she had heard the story of Arianne's ride to Hellholt. "And leave the safety of Kingsgrave and of both of our guards?" She questioned, far too innocent in tone to be taken seriously. That innocence melted away as she mirrored Arianne's mischievous grin, her dark eyes alight. "With that being the case, where do you want to go?" Ysera questioned as she started to get the horses prepared for a nighttime ride. Oh, to see Mors face when he realizes that both she and Arianne are gone!

I am soooo sorry this took forever to reply tooo!
PM
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 03:54 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

She grinned mischieviously when mentioning the borderland Lords that were stupid enough to test the Dornish forces. Her hand relaxes on her blade, and she hands over one of the bridles. She notices that the girl pledges to call each other by their names and not titles. It was a start. Arianne needed to build alliances, and friendships. And the fact that Ysera decided to meet her here at night was a promising start to them continuing their bond and for boosting Dorne's socioeconomic standings within the Seven. Always thinking, "One day you will outrank me in Court. It is only in the eyes of the Court shall we acknowledge the difference. Otherwise, we are Dornish women who enjoy each other's company, yes?" She smiles and hands the second bridle over. She then moves touches the nose of the stallion before glancing towards Ysera's mock innocence.

She laughs before putting hand over her mouth to muffle the sound. She had no desire to alert the guards who would try their hardest to discourage their escapade. "Let's let the winds decide. Who would you like to try first?" She waited till Ysera made her decision and bridled the other horse. She checked the breezeway before leading her mount out, and towards the mounting block. Tonight she did not bother with a saddle, as most of the saddles would give them away. Better to keep it simple and stay under the radar so to speak. Being short had it's downfalls--like having to use the mounting block. Her normal mount was only slightly shorter which only served to make Arianne less like a small child mounting a warhorse. The dark eyed Princess then took up the reigns and grinned. She then nudged the horse forward with her heels, and raised the hood on her garments, shielding her dark wavy locks from sight.

Arianne rode with confidence, making sure not to make eye contact with the guards for too long. When one of the guards at the gait questioned her she got haughty. "My Highness, Princess Arianne Martell commanded me to go out to the city to procure certain items for her. Do you dare cross her Highness? Shall I report your insubordination to her?" When it was clear that the guard had no intention of getting in trouble, Arianne waved Ysera forward with her and nudged her mount into a trot to get through all the faster without anyone else stopping them.

When the lights of the castle were far enough away, Arianne glanced towards Ysera. "Where would you like to go Ysera?" Perhaps a question loaded with multiple double meanings but one that would ultimately bond the two together. They were simple Dornish women tonight. There were no titles, and no pomp and circumstance to chain them except the stars and the cool desert air.

No worries! We all get busy!!
PM
^
YSERA TARGARYEN
 Posted: May 1 2018, 01:03 PM
KP is Online
19 years old
DORNE
Targaryen
Manwoody
Dorne
Princess

The grimace that bloomed on Ysera's face could not be any more obvious as she was reminded of the new social position she shall have once she is married to her betrothed. A Princess of Westeros, ranking higher than Princess Arianne of Dorne, who had been her social superior ever since she had been born. Ysera knew that it would take time to get used to, for it was not something she could fight much like her betrothal. It had been her fathers dying wish and achievement, and as much as she wished to rage upon the heavens at the betrothal, she had been guilted into accepting it. Not that she had much of a choice in the matter, at any rate. "I couldn't agree more." Ysera responded, choosing Belarius over Emillia for she was hardly one to resist such a gorgeous creature made for speed. She quickly prepared her horse for their ride, dark eyes glittering at the chance to ride bareback and not having to ride with a saddle.

She followed the heir of Dorne, keeping her own identity hidden with a raised hood and speaking not one word. However, as Arianne spoke in her haughty way, she had to bury her chuckles with coughs. And then, at last, they were free of Kingsgrave and there was nothing but the land and night sky before them. And then Arianne asked her where she would like to go, a thousand places flickered through her mind like stars in the sky. "Perhaps we should go and oversee where I will make a Northern prince into a man of Dorne." Ysera suggested, her smirk on her lips and something akin to determination in her eyes. For yes, she will make her husband a Dornishman and follow the customs and traditions of Dorne. After all, they shall be living in Dorne, so why wouldn't they?

Ysera took the lead, her hair blowing in the night breeze,having ridden to the Tower of Joy quite a few times since finding out that that was to be her new home. Thank the Seven it was in Dorne and close enough to Kingsgrave for her to keep close to her brothers, and surely even with a dragon to fly them to Court they would be able to be excused from Court due to distance.

She had overseen parts of the construction upon the Tower, for it needed more fortifications and room if it was to house a Targaryen prince and his future family, though still she could see the original Tower in the heart of it all. The tower that changed the history of Westeros, for better or for worse.

She started to slow, even though they were not yet at their destination, but she had words that she wanted Arianne to hear and with nothing and no one but the mountains around them, there would be no one else to hear it. "Arianne, I did not wish for this betrothal to Matarys Targaryen." She stated bluntly, the moon bathing their features in its heavenly glow and allow the Princess to see how earnest and truthful Ysera was being in that moment. "I would rather be marrying a man of Dorne, but I cannot go against the dying wishes of my father. That being said, I swear to you, by the Old Gods and the New, that I will make Dorne our utmost priority and make sure that my husband understands his duty to Dorne."
PM
^
ARIANNE MARTELL
 Posted: May 17 2018, 09:33 PM
27 years old
DORNE
Martell
Martell
Dorne
Princess of Dorne

She smiled as Ysera picked the sand stallion over her hybrid project and the two quickly bridled the horses. She was equally pleased when Ysera put up her hood, and stayed silent in their exchange with the guards. Arianne had quickly learned that most guards had no idea what she actually looked like and had used it to her advantage many times over. Wordlessly they rode, but a smile was on Arianne's face. Freedom. Every little taste of it Arianne ever got felt sweet and innocent on her tongue. It was so truthful that she wondered if this is what common people felt on a regular basis. (It was extremely naieve of her to think such things, but she has always been a princess and so rarely anything else.) Still she nudged the mare forward, who follows Ysera with little difficulty.

Arianne smiles and laughs at her suggestion, allowing her own hair to flow freely in the breezes that brought the dryness but also suggested the sweet flowers of the blood oranges. The only thing that was missing was the strong scent of spice from cooking peppers over an open flame. The mountains were beautiful, and the moon bathed them in a cold blue light. It was peaceful and for the first time since the news of Ysera's betroythal, the Princess of Dorne felt at peace. Here, away from all the customs, the expectations of court and the show that they constantly had to put on--this is where her soul felt at rest. She slows down the mare and pulls up beside Ysera, her dark eyes scanning the horizon for signs of trouble or pursuit from a guard who realized their princesses were not home. Seeing none, she turns her eyes to Ysera whose voice suddenly rings out in honesty and a truthfulness that Arianne hadn't expected.

Surprise painting her face, she listens and then looks away from the girl. She contemplates her thoughts, her father's voice ringing out, reminding her to reign in her temper and contempt for the match. No. This was not Ysera's fault and if anything Arianne had seen that she was not the power hungry girl her mind first conjured. Instead, she found herself in the company of a girl who loved Dorne almost as much as Arianne did. "Being of our sex does not always lend itself to freedom's in marriage." Granted, how many times did Arianne reject an older suitor? She took a deep breath, offering up a small smile towards the girl as she proclaimed her undying fealty to Dorne. "You already are serving Dorne well. If we cannot have a Dornish Queen, should we not have more Dornish princesses to remind the heir of his heritage? To remind the King that we are here by choice and are equal?" She sighed softly as they ambled together in the moonlight. "You have little to fear from me or mine if I have anything to say about it. I swear it by the Old Gods and New." There was a touch of sadness to her voice but she quickly urged her mare on when the Tower of Joy came into view.

She needed to think about anything else and quickly before emotions poured out of her like sand out of a bottle. "Show me around your new domain!" And with that kicked the mare forward, sending her off into a gallop down the slope and towards the Tower bathed in moonlight.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ACTA Age of Heroes Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU >
Candyland Couture RPG-D

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK
TEMPLATES BY NICOLE
BANNER BY KARA THRACE