shelbs
oswin

It is currently WINTER in WESTEROS during the year 303 AC. The new moon cycle marks a full twenty years since the Mad King was murdered, and his son King Rhaegar ascended the Iron Throne in his place. Though the year is fresh, war in the Narrow Sea has left the Free Cities of Volantis and Tyrosh in ashes, and the Long Night continues to beckon from the Northern fringes of the Seven Kingdoms. With the Queen Lyanna presumed dead, the citizens of the realms look only to each other for survival.
[x] SURPRISE! Please enjoy our new skin, and let the staff know if you find any bugs! (Shelbs accidentally overwrote the old skin and posted this too soon so it's entirely possible the dumbass she forgot some things!)
[x] THE FATE OF TYRION LANNISTER HAS BEGUN! Mass thread HERE! If you play a character that has been selected as judge, please join in asap! Otherwise the thread is open to all wanting to participate!
[x] Keep an eye out for a new mini-event we have been planning! The bloodshed fun is never over!
[x] As always... we are in need of MALE characters!

Add Reply
New Poll

Cruel and cold like winds on the sea, Wifey to Hubby Greyjoy
Alannys Greyjoy
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 08:47 PM
40 years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Harlaw
Iron Islands
Lady

Alannys stood beside their bedroom window in only her nightgown, hair undone and dancing in the wind. She had woken from another nightmare, not a rare occurrence since her husband knelt for the Dragon King, but the first she had experienced since he returned. She had thought the security of his warmth wrapped around her was enough to make them leave, but apparently not. Even with all her children and her husband home she still dreamt of them being ripped from her arms and carried away on dragon back. The fury she held for the Targaryen’s simmered just under her skin at the best of times, after a night like the one she just experienced it was practically roaring.

A deep breath calmed the noise in her head to a bearable level and she focused on identifying the colours across the sky and sea, soft grey lavenders, salmons, rose, with the colours of her children’s eyes scattered throughout the sea. Her children showed their true ironborn spirit in their eyes, mixes of blue, green and greys like the ocean that changed from softly lapping at the shores to the fury of a storm. Even now, as grown men and woman their eyes betrayed them when all else was still as the rock they had been born upon. Although perhaps that was a Mother’s fanciful imaginings.

She looked towards the bed her husband lay upon, the stress and pain of his life was washed away as he slept, the creases and tension draining away with the knowledge that his wife would gut anyone who attempted to hurt him in her bed, like a fish. A small sneer accompanied the tightening of her jaw muscles at the very thought of someone trying to hurt her lover. They would last long enough to hear her voice in their ear, cold as the Greenlander’s Stranger or the Northman’s White Walkers. Causing her husband to hurt would be the last mistake they ever made.

Sharply she spun back to the window and closed the shutters tight, before padding quietly to add more fire to their grate. Kneeling in front of it and holding her hair back Alannys gently blew upon the embers, sparking them to life once more. Then she made her way slowly back to their bed, pulling the blankets back and slipping in, pressing cool toes against the crease behind her beloved’s knees and pulling the blankets back to cover her. Her hands wrapped around his torso to press frigid fingers against his chest, as she had many times when she was newly wedded. Carefully she wrapped her teeth around the muscle between his neck and shoulder, putting enough pressure to leave small crescent shaped tooth marks. “Good morning husband,” she whispered breathily in his ear, hands shifting along his chest to feel for the marks she had memorised over twenty years ago and identify the scars that he earnt during his attack and subsequent capture. She nuzzled her nose down the back of his neck before planting a kiss at the spot where it joined his back. “Did you sleep well?”

Even after all these years they couldn’t keep their hands from each other, that could be because they had been celibate for their time apart, although she doubted it. They had always been passionate, wrapped up in heated looks, touches and whispers. Sometimes it involved knives and angry words, others it was her laid across his war table with her ankles around his ears as he drove his point home. “What are our plans for today?” Perhaps her thoughts were too hopeful considering all the things she and the man she loved needed to organise, such as her pulling back from the command role to allow him in. But if she caused a self-fulfilling prophecy of them staying in bed all day, well she was certainly not going to complain.

Tag: @BALON GREYJOY | Clothes | Words: 649
PM
^
BALON GREYJOY
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 06:15 AM
N/A years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Greyjoy
Kings Landing
Noble

Being home was both a blessing and a curse for the old lord. He enjoyed being in the comforts of what should have been a familiar bed with a woman that he wished to have known during those seventeen long years. Now he had to make up the time to her before he set out again knowing that he would never return. When he left the Iron Islands to resume his rebellion, he knew that the dragon "king" would not let him live to tell the tale. And Balon refused to die by a knife to the back wielded by any of the Ironborn. No! He would die fighting for what he believed in. The Old Ways and Freedom from the tyrannical "king" that had no right to rule over a people he knew nothing about. Their ways of life were vastly different and thus the man who claimed to be their king was no more than a silly man across the lands. The Targaryen family had no real authority in the Iron Islands. It was what Balon had been trying to establish in his misguided rebellion. When he launched the ships of the Iron Fleet again, he planned to show the "king" that it was wrong to have let him live.

But Balon had to admit that he was old and exhausted so each night as he let his old bone lay down in his bed he felt at peace. His wife next to him and within arms reach at all times, a warm fire and the sounds of the sea crashing against the rocks outside. This was his home and his to savor for the time being. Soon he needed to share with her his plan for the future but for now he was still plotting. Still exploring and enjoying his home and meeting his children for the first time (or so it felt). Oh the children that he produced with his wife. Each seemed to be doing fine, well except for the youngest. But he found himself believing that most of them would survive in this world without him and prosper. Though he had hoped that they would all retain the Old Ways. Things were changing and turning towards the New Ways or the Mainland ways, which did not please Balon. Sadly the dragon "king" had left him powerless to do anything about it. A smart victory in his own right. Not that it would ever earn Balon Greyjoy's respect. He should have killed Balon many years ago.

Through the night he slept, unaware that his wife had parted the bed after a nightmare. He remained dead to the world in his sleep. Not dreaming but just sleeping to give his bones and mind a good solid rest.

It was feeling of cold that finally awoke him. Eyes opening as he felt her fingertips in his torso and her teeth along his neck. Her actions making his groan softly before pulling her in tighter to his body. Oh it was a familiar feeling. One that he might have traded his failed rebellion to have seventeen years more of her. If only he had been successful back then. "Is it morning already? It feels like I just closed my eyes." He squinted and glanced towards the window. Seeing the faintest bit of light which meant that the sun was barely on the horizon. That or storm clouds were slowly covering up the sun. He did not know nor did he care. "I slept like the dead." His return to Pyke had truly reminded him of his age. His youth was gone, which was hard to realize. He had not aged well either due to his imprisonment and lack of ability to train. Balon was no longer the fighter that he had been in his youth yet his body felt all of those fights from years before. Fights with his brothers, fights with the mainlanders during raids and even fights with his wife.

Then she asked about the plans for the day and he finally tilted his head to look down at her. Running his hand along her back slowly and downward but stopping before he reached her bottom. Oh how he wanted to do nothing but fuck her all day long. But today was not the day for it. Now was the time that he needed to tell her. "I must begin making preparations. There are rumors that my brother Euron is down in the Shield Islands and I must deal with him. Then there are rumors about our son Rodrik that I must confront." It was with the heaviness of a lord that he spoke. Dealing with the things that must be dealt with. Drawing his hand up her spine slowly. "And I must see the Iron fleet and all of its captains. There is a matter that I must discuss with them."
PMEmail
^
Alannys Greyjoy
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 08:20 AM
40 years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Harlaw
Iron Islands
Lady

The warmth that surrounded Alannys as her husband bundled her close caused her muscles to melt into his chest. The true comfort caused by having the man she loved protecting her from something as simple as the chill after seventeen years of being alone in her bed, although sometimes she had been joined by little fingers or lanky legs, caused pure contentment to seep into her bones and a soft smile to spread across her face. Gently she scratched at his chest as he checked out their window. “Not time to move quite yet beloved,” she murmured quietly before pressing a kiss to his chest “after being in enemy territory for so long you deserve to sleep deeply in your own bed.”

Being in the hands of the Dragon King certainly had left her husband weaker than when he had sailed, seventeen years had given him grey hairs and a look of weariness as well. Gently she raised a hand to cup his jaw, thumb rubbing under his cheek bone gently. Some days she wished she could take all her loved one’s troubles and bury them in a box within herself. She only had four children and a husband, surely their issues could fit somewhere within her. Perhaps in place of her womb, she was too tired to bring another Greyjoy into the world. Although she wanted plenty more Greyjoy’s within the keep, grandchildren would be much preferred. Particularly ones with plenty of time for their aging Grandparents.

A soft hum rumbled up her chest as her lover’s hand stroked down her back, soothing her as one would a house cat. As a younger woman she had wondered if his hands held magic, or perhaps he was some form of enchanter trained in bending women to his will. As a Mother of four grown children she was sure of it. His touch had her melting into a puddle or turning into a raging inferno within seconds. “Rodrik is too smart and attractive for the good of his Mother’s heart,” a teasing smile spread across her face as she looked up to his face, “likely because he reminds her too much of her husband when they were newly-weds. With his dreams, plans and charisma.”

Her hands stopped their ministrations at the mention of Euron, although she would never wish to be a kinslayer or to turn her back on the Old Ways by spilling an Ironborn’s blood, her husband’s brother was one of the few she wished would just drop off the face of the world. His mind broken to the point of losing the very essence of what may have made him human as a child, he was a risk to her and her children, and in her husband’s arms she felt secure in showing the fear that brought upon her face. “What could possibly bring Euron back here, now of all times? He has no hope taking the Seastone Chair from you, what might he want?” It felt a little too much like a shark being drawn by blood in the water for her tastes. Turning up now, while things were still so new and fragile in her family.

A slight shudder followed the trail of his hand and Alannys relaxed once again into his chest, this man was safe. He was her sword, her shield, her armour and her everything, now that he was returned to her she had no reason to worry. No longer was she alone to raise their children, protect their islands and feed their people. Once again they were together, as the Gods had willed when they became man and wife upon his deck, many years ago. They would return to protecting each other, defending each other, supporting each other and loving each other, whatever may come. Her hands returned to the attention they had been giving the marks of life that covered his torso, marks a wife should know belong to her husband, her lover.

“All of it’s Captains?” A confused frown formed upon her brow and around her lips. “Will I be given any more information, as your most ardent supporter, before we are surrounded by others? Particularly as quite a few of those ‘others’ are of similar ages as, or are themselves, our children?” The thought of him keeping secrets from her, even for a short time, sent shards of terror to pierce her heart. First it would be something as simple as establishing his strength in the face of sailors, then it would turn to salt wives who were younger and full of more energy than she. Although her face only showed displeasure, the fear of losing her husband again had her eyes hardening to iron and her nails clinging like a shadowcat’s to his skin.

She knew her jealousy was a problem, in a vague way, after all it had likely caused the conception of at least one of their children and quite a few of the scars she had been tracing upon her spouse’s person. But like all Ironborn her blood ran hot, like that of the lightening the Storm God regularly used to set ships ablaze. A spark that roared to life with the slightest fuel to inflame it. The passion that Alannys had for her husband was the kind that ran the risk of consuming her, barely banked by the seventeen years they had been separated, easily brought back to life by his touch and words of love. It would take very little for that same fire to snuff the candle he may ever run the risk of holding for another person, even if it was that of a dragon as was whispered in the taverns.
PM
^
BALON GREYJOY
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 05:35 PM
N/A years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Greyjoy
Kings Landing
Noble

Oh he hated how she called him 'beloved' but he never corrected her over it. There were many things he hated about his wife yet he loved her so. He would not have traded her for anything, not even the most beautiful and powerful sea goddess that would grant him control over the sea. Balon loved Alannys more than any man should. He loved the kiss against his chest and the way she coaxed him into a relaxed state with her words. "The floor of the black cell was cold and uncomfortable. Then the straw mat in the room where I was kept was even less comfortable than the floor. I used to lay on the floor thinking about our bed and the sounds of the sea." The crashing of the waves to lull him to sleep or the sounds of lightning and thunder crashing down around them. Storms and seas were the lullabies that Balon had longed to hear. Sadly, he was still unable to rest. To truly sleep like he had slept in his youth after hours of fucking his wife until they were spent. Though he doubted that he would get any peace until he found himself in the watery halls of the Drowned God.

Though he would not die on the Iron Islands. He would not die while everyone thought him weak and submissive. He would not let his kin take a knife to his back. No. Balon would not go gently into that good night. There would be a fight and he would earn his rightful place with the Drowned God. Something Asha had said still sat with him and tore at his soul. What use did the Drowned God have for someone so weak and useless? Well before he took his last breath, Balon would not die like a weakling. Still... he was not one to lay around in bed all day without a purpose. Reconnecting with his wife had been one purpose. When he was a newly wed it had been another (even though they were the same). But he could not excuse laying in bed all day today when there was much to do. After all he was a Lord, even if his people had forgotten about him and his rights to rule. His plan was to exercise that right for as long as possible until he convinced enough ships to take off for the mainlands with him for one final raid.

An act that could be thwarted by a son that already viewed himself as the Lord over Balon's rights. He needed a plan to distract Rodrik. He also needed to kill that girl that his son had betrothed himself to (but that was low on his priority list). What was she? Lannister? Well that is where he was going to go once he had the ships. Attacking Kings Landing while all of the army was there would be stupid. He would be killed before he even got close. This attack would be about causing the most damage to his worthless son as possible and annoying the "king" one last time. "Aye... he is my son. I remember him when he was small and used to be on the deck of my ships with me. Now I do not know him." But Rodrik would always be his eldest son. His heir, if he were a mainlander. There were fond memories of raising Rodrik and Donnel on the deck of a ship and teaching all that they needed to know about being a captain. He taught them the Iron price and how to swing a sword to get what you wanted. Now, in his absence, they had grown in a different direction.

His brother, Euron, was mad. It was a well known fact. Mad and unstable. Balon's interactions with him had been limited, even during their childhood. He barely knew the man yet he knew that Euron needed to be dealt with. A distraction that he could provide Rodrik with while he did other things. Still, he could not blame his brother for grabbing an opportunity such as this. "My time away has compromised my position and my authority. Euron can see that, the dragon "king" can see that, everyone with their eyes on the Iron Islands can see that. My brother lurks and waits to strike. He is stupid enough to come after my life to get what he wants, though he will not kill me openly." He spoke harshly about his brother. They both knew that his words were true. Though he did not like to see his wife so terrified of his brother. She was stronger than that. He did not like seeing her vulnerable side as he was not the type to comfort with words. Rather he let his hand continue to stroke his skin as he spoke again.

Of course his wife wanted to know about his plans. Balon finally pulled away. Rolling to one side of the bed and sitting up while swinging his legs over the edge. Feet touching the cold stone below. He pushed himself up. With a few steps he crossed over the dying fire and added some kindling to help rebuild the flame. Winter was here, even he felt the weight of the Stark's words. With his back towards his wife, he spoke. "I am not long for this world. The Ironborn see me as weak and tamed like those on the mainlands. It is my wish to not die as an old man in a bed or to be killed by my kin. I shall go out in glory so that the Drowned God shall welcome me into his watery halls." There was softness to the man that spoke but the distinct stubbornness that only an Ironborn could have. He was too stubborn to die in his bed. "This will not concern our children but I will take those in the Iron Fleet that are willing and we shall go raiding while those in Kings Landing are distracted. It will be bloody and we shall take what we can. Gold, land, lives and anything else we shall want. I will either remind the Ironborn that I am their leader or..." His words trailed off for a second. They both knew what was going to follow. With his back to his wife, it was almost easier to say.

How would she react? Would she strike him? Plead with him to stay and live out their days together? Balon's mind was made up. There was no undoing what he had decided. This was the end of his life, which was something that he had accepted long ago. At least he had received the comfort of his wife one last time before going to meet his death.

"...or I shall die during this raid."
PMEmail
^
Alannys Greyjoy
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 01:54 AM
40 years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Harlaw
Iron Islands
Lady

Alannys tried her hardest to prevent her muscles from showing the indignation she felt at the thought of Balon, her first and only lover, being forced to sleep in such undignified and uncomfortable conditions. She knew he had been a prisoner, but it was the offhand way he made those comments that made her blood boil. This was her husband, Balon Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands, Scourge of the Riverlands, father of her children and that dragon coward had forced him to seep on the stone floor like some mangy stray. If the Targaryen whoreson had enough bollocks to return her husband to her, rather than cowering amongst his rocks, she would have introduced him to her friends of steel. Intimately. Instead she gently ran her hand over his arm and chest, a half-hearted attempt to soothe away the jagged edges her anger brought to the fore.

Once again, it seemed to be a far more reoccurring incident since Balon’s return to her, she forced her automatic reactions to still. The pain of not knowing their children came up regularly for her husband, although he only showed his annoyance. She wished he had never left for that ill-fated battle every day for nearly a decade, she doubted it would ever stop. How different their offspring would be if their Father had been there, guiding them, training them, completing his share of the upkeep of their home. Rodrik would surely be more able to be reasoned with, and less likely to hide his thoughts behind that gods accursed smile. His youngest brother had followed in his footsteps in that way, how she hated that smile. Theon and Rodrik pasted it on as if it were the mask of a Lysene whore, hiding the darker side of their hearts. A shard of ice thrust itself between her ribs as it occurred to her that they had likely learnt that action from her, watching her with those she would rather string up on the yardarm of her beautiful ship while knowing she must play nice. Donnel would probably be less angry if his Father had been around, less envious and less resentful of his sibling’s positions within the family. Asha would likely be the least changed, the wildness in her heart was mirrored in her Father’s, although Alannys wished her daughter held her Father in the esteem she had done when she was knee height. Theon, Theon would be the most changed. He would understand his place, rather than feel as he did now, like a fishing boat lost out in a storm. Or a bastard with no knowledge of his heritage.

A soft smile graced her face at the memory of her eldest two, learning to sail alongside their Father. They had woken, dressed and eaten before the sun’s rays touched the ocean. Asha had sulked the entire day they had been away, but it had been worth it to see her boys return, the little ones exhausted and delighted at being part of their Father’s crew, the big one proud and secure in his knowledge that his sons were worthy of his name.

“I should have spent more time on our children, raising them to be what we hoped they would. Rather than allowing their Uncle’s to take the burden and not controlling what they were taught.” Perhaps if she had involved herself more they would have more respect for Balon and his dreams for the future of the Iron Islands… Although her presence hadn’t made much of a difference for Theon. Perhaps it was the anger and loose tongues of the people on the Iron Island’s she should have been more in control of.

A frustrated huff was expelled from her lungs as her love spoke of Euron. “We were weak while our leader was contained in the Dragon’s cave, far weaker than we now are with you returned. He was too much of a coward to strike then, with only a woman and her babes in his way. I doubt he will have grown the necessary attachments to strike now.” Although she was furious, disgusted even, by the actions of Euron Greyjoy the soothing touch of her husband’s hand against her skin, desired for so long, had her all bar purring like an alley cat. “Surely he would not be so egomaniacal as to disobey the Drowned Gods decree that no Islander is to spill another’s blood.” Although they both knew of ways around that guideline.

The chill of the air brushed against her front as her husband pulled away from the warmth of their embrace, and indeed their bed. A frown forming across her brow and her lips began the purse that spoke clearly of her displeasure. She sat back against their bedhead, the wood pressing into her back in different places, causing her to ground herself in the here and now rather than allowing her emotions to run away with her. The sight of him doing something as domestic as replenishing their fire had the worry slipping away and a soft smile sliding across to replace it.

“I am not long for this world. The Ironborn see me as weak and tamed like those on the mainlands. It is my wish to not die as an old man in a bed or to be killed by my kin. I shall go out in glory so that the Drowned God shall welcome me into his watery halls.”

Once again, a chill that had nothing to do with the Stark harped winter stole her breath from her lungs. Quickly she flung the covers from her legs and stood, making her way quietly to stand behind him, a hand reaching to touch the small of his back. Silently she listened to his intentions, trying to keep her emotions in hand. He was going to exclude their children from this suicide mission, that showed her more than anything he cared for them, although Rodrik was the heir, therefore the only member that they would have to demand stay, he was preventing any of their other children from partaking in this death trap. They both knew that these hopes, for land or gold, were fruitless. They may take them, but fire beats wood every time, and although the Dragon King was occupied now, if the Iron Fleet came out in significant enough numbers he would undoubtedly make the time to squash them… If the Iron Fleet was not significant enough they would likely be dealt with swiftly enough without his intervention.

“Or I shall die during this raid.”

Must he be so blunt? Could he have not just left it unsaid? She exhaled with a frustrated sigh and pressed herself to his back once more, her fingers splaying across his stomach and over his heart. Of course he must, in spite of all the indignities Balon Greyjoy experienced, blood told. “Then, I will have to check that my armour still fits.”

Sorry I took so long, my minion has come down with back to back viruses and has literally been lying on my back as I typed this. One of the reasons there are some more creative insults http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

PM
^
BALON GREYJOY
 Posted: May 1 2018, 07:21 PM
N/A years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Greyjoy
Kings Landing
Noble

He gritted his teeth when she placed the blame upon herself as to why the children they had produced did not believe in the Old Ways, same as them. He disliked that tone of self pity. A better husband would have comforted her by telling her that she should not shoulder this burden by herself. However, they were both to blame in regards to the outcome of their children. Him more so then she. He had left and been taken captive. If he had just stayed put and not gone on some crazy rebellion then perhaps his sons would still believe in the Old ways, as he did. Maybe. There was no point in analyzing what might have been as there was no such thing as a redo in their lives.

The frustration was felt between husband and wife. Balon's brothers were obviously a sore subject for him. Yet as the oldest, he earned his place as leader. Yet Alannys could not see how weak Balon's position currently was. He was dead. The dragon "king" had ruined his reputation to the point where no Ironborn trusted him. Of course his brother would not attack while there a woman and children sat in power of the Iron Islands. Balon knew that Euron was far too smart to do that. He feared whatever his brother had planned. "Euron will not disobey the Drowned God." None of the Ironborn would do something so against their ways even if their ways were changing as the children grew into powerful youths. Youths with the ability to sway the people towards a different tomorrow. "That being said... He is not against hiring others to do. And he is not above leaving me in a position to die without offering a hand to save me. It will not be right but whatever he does, it will not be against the Old Ways."Euron was far to smart to do something that would risk the trust (and vote) of a devote people. No one would know that Balon was murdered if Euron did end up being the cause of his death.

Her declaration that she would have her armor fitted made him consider if he wanted to bring her along. He wondered if he wanted to cause the death of his own wife. Though he did not want to leave her side ever again so, in a way, he was thankful to have her so openly want to come with him. Sighing heavily while his head hung forward. "We shall make for the shorelines and raid until the men are satisfied or we are feasting in the watery halls of the Drowned God." There was that same feeling of authority in his words. His path was clear to him and he was eager to walk it. A suicidal man with the desire to end his life on his terms rather than by those that would kill him. "And we shall never be without one another in the watery halls of the Drowned God." Softly whispering to her as though he were whispering sweet words into her ear. He did not wish to be without Alannys any longer. This would be the only way to ensure it.

Now was the time to fully explain his plan to his wife. Inhaling her scent in deeply for a long pause. He wanted her more than any man had ever longed for their wife and it was difficult to maintain his composure. "The plan shall be to lead a raid and we shall take our ships to the Westerlands. Lannisport shall be our first stop. All of the armies are still in Kings Landing after the dragon "king's" war so it will be unguarded. Those that survive should make off with quite the bounty. My final act as Lord of the Iron Islands." The people would decide their own fate. He hated that the New Ways were so prevalent considering that the New Ways were the ways of the mainland. A people that he longed to rebel against. It was sad to see one's culture and ways die out with them. Perhaps the people would pick someone, other than a Greyjoy, to lead them back onto the path of independence. He should never have bent the knee to the dragon "king". Not that he did. He expression submission like a dog that was smart enough to keep their head down but that was still waiting to strike.

"I should have continued to fight. I should have fought until I was put to death. I should have..." With each passing regret he felt rage. Oh he was pissed off with how things had turned out for his people. They had no business going to war. They were a raiding people, not meant for battle. If he could have gone back in time and shared a piece of advice with his youthful self then he would have said "Stay with your wife. Remain here and prepare your sons!". Perhaps if he had guided his sons better then they would have followed the Old Ways. They could have lead an successful rebellion for the Ironborn. But regrets were hard and left a bitter taste in his mouth. He would die with the sweet taste of his wife instead of that bitterness. His sons had forged their own path as Balon was doing his own. "I regret nothing..." He spoke firmly, like the leader that he once was. "Let us make our final preparations to sail. I must go speak with Rodrik and the final captain. We shall be off within the fortnight."

Finally he turned to face her. Hands cupping her cheeks and tilting her head back to look upon him. She was so beautiful and he was a fool for ever having left to rebel. He loved her. He loved that she would follow him into his suicide mission. With that he pulled their lips together in a rare romantic action. For his wife, Balon could be romantic. They were embraced in a longing kiss. However, he aggressive nature slowly took over as the kiss shifted from romantic to more animalistic. He needed her and his desire for her quickly showed through. Against his own desires he pulled back and let their eyes meet.

(Sorry that I take so long! My life has been hectic!)
PMEmail
^
Alannys Greyjoy
 Posted: May 2 2018, 07:08 AM
40 years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Harlaw
Iron Islands
Lady

Euron was not above the murder of his kin, although the thought of doing such a thing chilled her blood it was certainly well documented in Greyjoy history. Still, the way her husband stated as such, so matter of factually, made her question whether she should be warning her children, preparing them to better protect each other’s backs. Especially if she and her husband were embarking upon what effectively amounted to a suicide mission. Alannys worried little about Rodrik and Asha, after having spent so many years in each other’s company in her brother’s care, but Donnel… Donnel was not a team player at the best of times, especially with Theon, who had often bared the brunt of his frustrations. Eventually a quiet frustrated sigh escaped her as she decided to do nothing, her children were no longer children. Her eldest was likely to have children of his own soon enough, it was long such time to stop fixing their mistakes for them.

A sad smile graced her lips as Balon sighed and his head dropped. She did not want to see her lover die, however Balon Greyjoy was as stubborn as they came, and she would not allow him to leave her on the jetty while he sailed off into the distance ever again. If seeing him die meant being by his side as he does so, then that was a price she was willing to pay. Being left behind so that she did not, that was a price she had paid once and could never do again. It would break her, the waiting and hoping. Hope she could not cope with.

The caress of his breath upon her arms, the gentling of his voice, the promise of forever all caused her heart to clench. “And we shall never be without one another in the watery halls of the Drowned God.” This was the love ballad of her life. He was the Prince Duncan to her Jenny, although with far more blood, iron and salt. “Never shall you be without me at your back again,” she declares determinedly. Alannys would protect him with her life, as she should have when he was taken by the dragon brat.

Her arms tightened very slightly as he inhaled, her cheek pressing against his spine as she listened to his life blood pumping steadily through his body. “The plan shall be to lead a raid and we shall take our ships to the Westerlands” that was not a coincidence, her husband was likely punishing Rodrik for his choice in wife, by making it so the girl would hate him. Alannys bit her lip to keep herself from questioning him, there was no point, she knew his reasoning. Rodrik was already too eager to embrace the new ways of the Greenlanders, for the heir of the Iron Island’s to breed future heirs with a Greenlander was a stinging slap in the face to the Old Ways, and Balon by association. Their children were to old to take over the knee, and so her husband was punishing this disrespect in a way that would make his position and distaste known to all on the Iron Island’s, the girl and their son included.

“That is very benevolent of you husband.” She knows it is not meant to be, it is meant to be a fuck you to the King and the blood of their future-daughter-by-law, however it is also to improve the lot of the Iron Islander’s. Even when planning his death Balon was doing what a Lord should do for their people, provide. Rodrik would have big boots to fill if he intended to take his Father’s place. She sent a swift prayer to the Drowned God that her line, their line, would bring them pride.

His words, the emotion he felt as he said them, broke her heart. Her arms once again briefly squeezing around his chest, an unspoken gesture of consolation. There is nothing else he would accept, she knew that well enough, she’d be lucky if he accepted this.

“I regret nothing.” It was a lie. They both had regrets, hers mainly revolved around letting him leave without her. “Yes my love” she whispered quietly into his back. A fortnight to get her affairs in order, make sure she had the children’s maiden and bride cloaks completed, her weapons and armour in their best condition and her husband… Her husband aware that nothing would ever separate them ever again. “I will be ready. Is there anything you want or need me to do?” She was his to command, although she would never be so stupid as to tell him such, and if she disagreed she would always tell him so. She also would rather beg forgiveness than ask permission, as can be told by the beginning of their marriage, however if he did ask or command, she would complete it to the best of her ability in the end.

As he turned to her she lifted her face to focus upon his eyes, changed and yet exactly the same from the first night they made love. A soft smile slipping across her face as his hands cupped her cheeks, her eyes roaming across his face, he was gorgeous. Everything she had ever wanted, even as a child. Strong, wilful, brave and gorgeous. His lips press against her own and she melts, everything about this man always turns her molten. Her hands cling tight at his neck, nails pressing gently in on either side of his spine. Swiftly it turns from the warmth of a forge to a raging inferno and just as swiftly it is ended, Balon pulling away and her hands desperately trying hold him close to her body. She desperately gasped, the lack of life bringing force from her husband’s passion being replaced by the need for air, and when she had enough she let a quite whine slip from her kiss bruised lips. Why did the sea in his blood have to materialise now?

All good, I understand. Hope everything is okay http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
BALON GREYJOY
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 04:51 PM
N/A years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Greyjoy
Kings Landing
Noble

Family. Ironborn understood the concept of brother, sister, mother, father and others. They understood that blood was forever. Balon loved each of his brothers for the men that they were. He even loved Euron, despite the fact that he knew his brother was likely to make an attempt on his life. Most of all he loved his wife. She was the only person that he could very truly love. Together they had made a family that she then raised while he was captured. Perhaps he would have loved his sons and daughter more if he had been involved in their lives. As of this moment, they did not care for Balon and he cared little about them. They were better off without him, as they had proven by being successful on their own and with their own lives. He was just an observer that would not interfere. Though, by all technical terms, he was about to majorly interfere with their lives (at least Rodrik's). By attacking the Westerlands, he would be messing up any ties that Rodrik had created to the mainlands. The Kingsmoot would pick their new leader and not all were keen to the New Ways. Some still valued the Old Ways above everything. Those were a dying breed and were likely going on the ship with Balon to sail to their deaths.

Was there anything he wanted or needed her to do? There was so much that he wanted her to do. He wanted her to stop time so that they could regain those lost years of sharing a bed and a home. He wanted her to ravage him all day and night until they left on their raid. But he could not stay within their bedchambers all day and night until their departure. Soon they would be off. He would cherish the moments that he had with her on the ship as they sailed to the Westerlands. "No... just be here and waiting for me each night at sunset." A simple request from a simple man. There was nothing that he wanted his wife to do other than to enjoy their final days together. The other preparations were mostly taken care of and he planned to take care of the remaining ones by himself. Kissing her again to solidify his intentions to her when they met again at sunset. "Do not bring night clothing for the ship. Just your armor and your weapons." He whispered to her. Seventeen years. Seventeen long years without the feeling of his wife. Now he had days to enjoy her within the time that they had left.

"I must go to take care of the final detail. Make up the final documents and other lordly things while I am still the Lord of these Islands." He was still in charge even if very few followed him. It was a balance between being the lord that he once was and being what he was now. No one would follow a man who failed in his rebellion but he was still their leader so there was some begrudging when a request was made. Thus Balon did not speak very often nor did he give commands as a lord should. The waters before him were murky and held such dangerous items below the darkened waters. He needed to tread carefully with each movement to avoid giving away his end game. He needed Rodrik to do as he was told so that he could sneak out without worry of being stopped. But how would he convince a son that did not like him to follow his lordly commands? That much would have to be determined as he interacted with his son.

Turning away from her, Balon grabbed his breeches and began the process of dressing himself. Slipping on extra layers to keep him warm against the cold and harsh sea air. Leather and fur against his old soft features. His missed his youth. He missed the callous on his hands from working on a ship. Some was still there but not to his liking. "I would like to sup with you and only you as well. Let our son, who fancies himself a lord, deal with the world while I enjoy my wife." With that he moved towards the door with much on his mind. So much to get done within a short period of time. The first stop would be his study so that he could tend to some final business. Off he went. A man with a purpose and a plan. A man that was ready to face his death.

(Sorry that this has taken me SO LONG! My Balon muse has been so temperamental lately plus house buying stress is not helping. We can either end the thread in preparations for their raiding thread or continue on with later that evening)

PMEmail
^
Alannys Greyjoy
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 12:59 AM
40 years old
IRON ISLANDS
Greyjoy
Harlaw
Iron Islands
Lady

Phew *flutters self * Mister Salt and Stone himself getting hot! xD
All good, good luck with your house! End the thread? Up to you. I'm happy either way http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif This just seems a good ending. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

ACTA Age of Heroes Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU >
Candyland Couture RPG-D

☣ SKINNED BY WALKERBAIT ☣
TOGGLE CBOX BY KISMET
CFS SCRIPT BY BLACK
TEMPLATES BY NICOLE
BANNER BY KARA THRACE